Dead Calm 7.1

Kie, Sarah and I were sitting in the bus, while Pope and John B were working on the boat winch.

"He said it looked something like this." Kie said showing us a drawing of the well.

"So..." I say inspecting the paper.

"That's 50 feet down and they're using 100-feet Rope. So I guess this little wagon will go... Straight to the gold room." Kie explained pointing at the poorly drawn picture.

"Who drew this?" Sarah said laughing. I started laughing and Kie joined in.

"Who do you think?" Kie smiled and looked at Pope out the window to see him staring back at her. He looked away because John B started telling him something. We chuckle looking at them.

"Kie! This better work." JJ said throwing the gold bars in front of us. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." He said leaning on the truck.

"It's gonna work." Kie said picking up the torch.

We melted the gold as best as we could before getting. In the bus and driving to the pawn shop. I'm super excited, that's gotta be at least 120 thousand dollars.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ said walking out the bus with jumping out behind him.

"Like you could've done better." Kie said.

"I could've done better. I took a welding class." JJ said bickering with her. I nudged him to stop.

"Whoa! Hey. Sh!" I say holding a finger against my lips and looking at them.

"Chill out, okay?" John B said to them.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ said holding up the gold.

"Hey! I'm coming with you!" I say.

"How did we get this job anyway?" JJ asked pointing a finger at us.

"'Cause you're the best liar. Plus, you have your lucky charm with you, so it should all go well." Pope said pointing at me. I look down and JJ smiles.

"Afternoon, ma' am." JJ said as him and I entered the shop. I waved at the woman as we got to the counter.

"Afternoon." She says eyeing us down.

"I see you buy gold." JJ starts.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" She remarks.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ said taking the gold out of his bag.

"I ain't got much mind to blow, so have at it." She says while JJ unravels the gold.

"How about them gold apples?" He asks putting the gold in front of her. I lightly chuckle.

"That ain't real." She chuckles.

"That ain't real?" JJ asks. I look around me nervously at the Pogues.

"It can't be." the woman at the counter said.

"Feel how heavy it is." I say.

"Get a light on that." I add. She lifts the block up and looks at it with a magnifying glass and light.

"Spray-painted tungsten." She says turning the gold in her hand.

"Spray-painted tungsten? Really? Okay." JJ said crossing his arms.

"Why don't you see, uh, how soft it is?" JJ said pointing at a small hammer.

"You mind?" She asks us.