The Phantom 10.2

We were at the Dock where we were supposed to meet John B. The boat was in the water with all the supplies.

"Dude, where is he?" Kie yelled frustrated.

"Give him a second. Hell be here." Pope said.
"He's coming. Hell be fine." JJ said getting of the boat
I was sitting at the end of the Dock and dunking my feet in the water. I can't speak. It hurts to much to even make a sound. JJ and I are meaning to go to the doctor after John B leaves and we make sure he's safely of the island.

We suddenly hear the police sirens. I quickly get up and walk towards JJ. I shot him a confused look and he looks at me frightened.

The door f the police car opened and John B walked out. We all shared a shocked glance. They all laughed as I smiled. He made it.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin." John B said walking towards us.

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now." Kie said opening her arms and hugging him. I smile and run up to him after Kie let go. I hug him tightly before letting go. He smiled at Kie and I before turning his attention to JJ.

"It wasn't easy bro , but I got the Phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday." JJ said tossing the keys to him.

"Where's Sarah?"John B asked us." She's not with you?" Kie asked him confused. I furrow my eyebrows looking at John B.

"No, we got separated in the swamp." John B told us. "She said she'll meet me here." John B added panicking.

"No, we haven't seen her." JJ told him looking around.

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her." John B tells us. I look at him with disbelief. Bitch imma make you leave. You aren't going to die on me or get caught for something you didn't do.

"John B, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food." JJ said pointing at the boat to John B.

"Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismay Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland cross the border at Brownsville, you got that?" JJ explained to him. I smiled and nodded at JJ's idea.

JJ untied the boat as John B jumped in.

" All right. Saddle her up, alt water cowboy. Let's do this. Yeah. "JJ said pushing the boat out of the dock.

"Hey, hey." John B stopped him. "I'm sorry for basically... Throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing." John B said his eyes tearing up.

This moment clicked in my head and I realised what's happening. My childhood best friend is leaving and I don't know if I'll ever see him again. I let tears slip from my eyes. I know we agreed on meeting in Mexico but what if he doesn't make it? I know I'm sooo positive.

" Hey, John B, yo... We were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?" JJ said and we all laughed. Well I smiled because it would hurt to much.

"At least we did it together, though." JJ said hugging Pope and I from the side. I grabbed him and Kie and we all smiled at John B.

"Pogue style." JJ smiled. I let more tears slip. The memories from the past few years hitting me like a brick. I look down and closed my eyes for a second. I looked back up as Kie shooed him away.

"Get out of here! Please." She says. "Now. We'll see you in two months down in Mexico. " Pope adds. John B starts to walk towards the wheel.

"Love you." JJ adds at the end.

"Hey, wai- wait a second." John B stops again and turning. "Tell Sarah I said goodbye, okay?" He said through tears. I glance at JJ and look sadly back at John B.

"Remember. Cross the border at Brownsville, okay?" JJ says again. John B nods and walks to the wheel finally turning it on. We all helped him as we pushed the boat out of the dock.

We watched him as he drove away.

JJ and I walked of the dock and next to the car. I hugged him with out asking, my head resting on his chest. He snaked his arms around me and put his chin on top of my head. We watched as Kie and Pope conversed.

I pulled away and stood on my tippy toes, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling his head down. He leaned in and slowly placed his lips on mine, his arms pulling my waist even more into him.

We pulled away after some time panting slightly. He smiled softly down at me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. We hugged again and turned to look at Kie and Pope to see them kissing. I smirk and look at JJ. He smirks and we bump fists. We did a bet with Sarah and John B  that Kie and Pope will kiss.

We hear sirens approaching and I turn my head to the other side, looking at the police cars parking in front of us. I pull away from JJ and we hold out hands up.

"We're late, God damn it!" Shoupe yelled.

~☆~

The police officers drove us to Che camp that the SBI had near the lighthouse.

We got out of the car and I was shocked to see a lot of tents and policemen. They were all here, for... John B.

They led us to a tent and made us sit down on the side. I sat down next to JJ and grabbed his hand. I leaned my head on his and closed my eyes. He kissed my head and then leaned his head on mine.

I look up at the sound of commotion. The lights started working again. That meant that the lighthouse was working. They found them. I looked panicked at JJ.

I saw the officers walk into our tent. We all stood up and watch them.

"Did you find them?" Pope asked Shoupe.

He shook his head.

"So they got away?" Kie asked hopefully. I squeeze JJ's hand.

"We, uh... We lost them." Shoupe told us hesitantly.
"I'm sorry."

Everything seemed to slow down. I look through the officer. My hearing began to hum. No. No. They aren't dead.

We all started crying. I started breaking down. My mind a fuzz. I dropped to the ground, my throat ached as I sobbed.

I look through blurry vision to see Nic running towards me. He quickly pulled me off the ground and I sobbed into his shoulder. I look up and see JJ standing alone. I let go of Nic.

I sadly walk over to JJ and hug him tightly. Both of us sobbing loudly. We lost a friend.

"Har?" I hear a familiar voice say behind me. I let go of JJ and turn around. I look at the man in front of me. Nic's mouth dropped down.

"Dad?"