The Runway 8.1

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked Kie. JJ, Pope, Kie and I are currently testing out our contraption for getting the gold.

"Feels good." Kie yelled as she hanged in a big bucket from a tree. JJ and I were dunking our feet in the hot tub.

"John B pulling a Houdini." JJ said as I took his beer out of his hand and sipped it. He looked at me pretending to be mad and i just smiled and kissed his cheek. He chuckled, blushing and looking down.

"Yeah, where is he?" Pope asked. "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done." Pope told us.

"Speaking of the devil." I mutter to JJ as I looked at John B walking past us.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull the gold and everything." JJ says to John B. I laugh at his lie.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope interrupts .

"Hey, John B!" Kie yells as she and Pope run towards the front of the house, awhile John B storms into the house.

"Uh... What's that all about?" Pope asks coming towards JJ and I in the hot tub.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ said as we got out of the hot tub.

We ran inside to see John B looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I ask him as he walked over to the couch and looked under the pillows.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ asked as John B pulled the gun out from under the couch.

"John B what do you need the gun for?" JJ asked grabbing John B.

"No!" I exclaim at John B pointing at the gun.

"Talk to us!" JJ yelled but. John B pushed him on the couch.

"John B chill!" Kie yelled. I looked at him to see him stomping towards Pope.

"What are you doing?" Pope said as he stood in the doorway.
"What are you JJ, now?" John B said as he pushed Pope to she side on the table.

"John B, what the hell are you doing!?" I yell running behind him.

I ran outside the house to see him turning the bike on. We ran outside.

"John B, what the hell?" Kie yelled as we ran towards him.

"Ward knows about the gold. He killed our fathers, Harlow." John B cried out and drove of.

I looked at his descending figure. My vision began to blur and I looked down. I felt arms around me and I turned and cried into their shoulder. I knew it was JJ just because of the ocean smell.

"He's gone. He's really gone!" I sobbed into JJ's shoulder. "You were right. He's gone! He's not coming back, JJ!" I clutched onto his shirt as I sobbed. I knew now that my dad is, officially, dead.

"Shh. It's okay baby girl. It's okay. Everything's going to be all right. I love you, okay? I'll never leave you. I promise." JJ said wiping my tears with his tumbs as he held my head. He wrapped his arms around me as I held onto him for dear life and cried even more.

He said he loves me. I love him too. My dad is gone, dead. I dont know what to do with myself.

~☆~

"What now, we just go up to the front door and ask 'Hey, have you seen John B?'" JJ questioned us. We are at the dock of the Cameron's at Tannyhill. John B still hasn't returned and we were getting worried.

"Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible." I say. "But I highly doubt that he is here because Ward murdered our dads." I add on, glaring at the house.