1.

•Willow's POV•

The case was finally over after 4 long tedious days. We wrapped everything up at the station and are now about to leave to get on the jet. The Miami air was hot, sticky, and humid. After tossing my two bags in the back of the SUV, I hop in the passenger seat next to Hotch. Turning the AC on blast I lean back in the seat. It was past midnight, I was tired, drained, and just ready to go home.

"Ready?" Hotch asks.

I nod.

The car ride to the jet was quiet, I popped my earbuds in and listened to some music while going over the case we just finished through my head.

As we pull up to the jet hangar I unclip my seat belt and turn around to ask Reid something, but him and JJ were passed out alseep. I gently nudge the both of them awake.

"Hey. JJ, Reid, we're here." I say quietly.

Reid whines and JJ rubs her eyes smearing her makeup. Hotch parks at the hangar building, after he does I get out and go to grab my bag. Seems like everyone's tired and ready to go home.  I don't blame them.

I pull my bags from the pile and hang them around my shoulders.

"Ugh, I can't wait to go home and see Henry and Will." JJ whines as she grabs her bags.

"I can't wait to go home and start reading my books. I bought this new book..."

Reid begins to ramble on about some book he just had gotten. I wasn't really listening, I was too tired to care. JJ and Reid follow Rossi, Morgan, and Emily to the jet. I wait a few minutes for Hotch but since he was taking forever I start towards the jet.

I was about halfway to the jet, the team was in-front of me beginning to board the jet. I turn around and look back, Hotch was not far behind. I stood there for a moment waiting for him.

Something didn't seem quite right, something was off. I could feel it. I look around the massive open space, the sky was dark, so I couldn't really see much except for what the lights allowed.

"Forget something?" He asks, from several yards away as he gets closer.

"Something doesn't feel right!" I practically yell.

My voice echoes through the air. Turning around and facing the jet, JJ, Rossi, and Emily just boarded, Reid was going up the steps and Morgan turns around when he hears me.

I look back at Hotch. Something didn't feel right, and I wasn't sure what it was.

"What is it?" Hotch asks, now being right in-front of me. His big soft brown eyes looked down at me waiting for an explanation.

"S-something doesn't feel right." I state again shaking my head.

Just as I do there's a loud crack that echoes through the air. I felt something wet spray across my face, making me flinch. Hotch immediately ducks and pulls out his gun, looking around panicked. Turning my head I see Morgan rush up the stairs and push Reid into the jet to take cover. My bags drop from my shoulder and hit the ground.

Not even a few seconds later there's another crack that echoes through the air. This time I was knocked back, falling to the hard cement. For a moment I didn't realize what was going on, then I felt something soak my grey sweater. I touch the wet fluid that's spreading across my torso, holding my hand up it was covered in red.

Was I just shot?!

For a moment I didn't realize what was going on. I got tunnel vision and only focused on the red liquid that covered my hand. There was muffled yelling and I could see Hotch moving around and panicking. All of a sudden I was pulled up and quickly dragged towards some airport equipment. My heart raced and my body shaked.