5.

•Hotch's POV•

Turning the water on, I strip out of the red stained clothes and set them in the sink. I stop when I see myself in the mirror, dried blood was smeared across my face. My chest was tinted red from the blood that soaked my shirt, my hands were covered in dried blood. For a long moment I stare at myself in the mirror. All I could think about was the moment she hit the ground. The amount of blood that soaked the both of us. Watching her die right in-front of me... right in my arms. Her voice echoing through my mind.

I step into the hot water, almost immediately the water turned a light reddish color. I watch as the blood mixes in with the water, rolling down, and into the drain.

After harshly scrubbing my body, attempting to get every little bit of blood off my skin, I wait until the water runs clear then get out.

After wrapping a towel around my lower body I dig through my bag until I find a set of clean clothes. Slipping the black shirt on then the boxers and jeans. I look at myself in the mirror at my worn down and tired face for a long moment.

A knock nearly startles me. I zip my bag and open the door. Emily stood there holding open a large clear bag. One side labeled "evidence" and the other had my name.

"The PD said they may need it."

Her voice sounded irritated at the thought. I look at her for a moment. Glancing past her, everyone was still in the room. JJ was asleep next to Reid and Morgan who were on the couch. Rossi sat in the chair near the door. I look back at her, turning I take the blood stained clothes out of the sink and put them in the bag. She seals it close.

"They opened a case, we'll be filled in on it later."

She looks back at Willow.

"We'll get the prick who did this."

Everyone except myself left to go get food from the cafeteria. It was nearing 4pm, I pulled up a chair beside the side of bed. For a long time it was silent, just the beeping of the monitors echoed through the room. I gently place her soft hand between mine.

"I'm sorry..." I mumble.

I didn't know what else to say. All I could think about is if I had done something different, would she not have been shot. Why was she the one to get shot. Why wasn't it me?

"I wish I could trade places with you..."

Gently squeezing her hand, leaning forward I rest my head against the edge of the bed. I begin to think. For a long time it was quiet except the beeps of her monitors.

"Hotch? You alright man?"

Snapping my head up towards the door where Morgan and Rossi stood under the doorway. I let go of her hand and shift in my seat.

"Yeah- Where's the rest of the team?"

I quickly change the subject. JJ pops her head under Morgan arm. Holding up a brown bag.

"We're all here. Now Morgan you wanna move so we can go in?" She was feisty.

Morgan moves and JJ and Emily step into the room, going towards the couch behind me, that's against the wall and under the window.

"We brought you some food."

She sets the brown bag on the side table, along with a water bottle. Rossi steps in and takes a seat by the door, Morgan stays by the door way.

"Where's Reid?" I ask.

Morgan looks down the hall.

"I don't know, he probably went off somewhere. Although there's a different doctor coming our way."

Shortly after he says that, a doctor steps into the room. It wasn't the same doctor, it was a female, she was on the shorter side, middle aged, her deep red hair was cut just above her shoulders.

"Hi, Im Doctor Jones. I work with the Trauma and ICU patients."

She gives a soft comforting smile to everyone in the room.

"I need to run through some information with a family member or close relative."

She looks around the room waiting for one of us to answer.

"She doesn't have any family. Her father died when she was 6, and her mother died when she was 16. She doesn't have any more relatives.We're the closest she has." I state.

Just then there's a loud continuous beeping from the monitors. The doctor rushes over to her. Everyone sits up.

"What's that?" Emily asks, sounding panicked.

"Her heart rate is picking up."

The beeping was continuing. Just then a few more nurses rush in.

"We need everyone to leave." One of the nurses practically yells at us.

We all immediately get up and exit the room. We all walk down the hall a bit, but I keep going down the long hall. I needed to go somewhere quiet.

I eventually find myself in a quiet empty hall. I wasn't sure what section of the hospital I was in, but it was quiet and I needed it. I walk over to a window. The view was the city of Miami. I stand there for a long time attempting to sort through my thoughts and emotions.

_