34.

•Willow's POV•

I walk to the center of my bedroom before turning around and seeing him standing by the doorway. His expression was a mixture of his usual stone cold expression with concerned. However I was worried and nervous, maybe even a little scared to tell him what happened at the park.

I begin to bite the side of my cheek in which he immediately notices and walks closer. Now he was only a few feet away. I could smell his cologne which would normally calm my nerves but right now it only spiked them even more than they already were.

"Willow? What's going on? What happened?"

"He uh-" I hesitate before continuing.

"He asked if we could go to the park, so we did. I figured it'd be good to get some air and not be cooped up inside the house all day and it would give him time outside. I obviously can't drive so we walked there since it isn't far," I begin to explain, my pace picking up as I go on.

"Everything went okay until he yelled for me and was running towards me holding his hand. I thought he had gotten hurt but it was just a toad. I had asked him where he found it, he said by the slide then he said that some man helped him. I followed up on it and he said a man in a suit like yours helped him."

I glance up at him as I go on to explain, his expression wasn't anything good.

"Aaron I looked around, I didn't see anyone wearing a suit. I never seen anyone wearing the suit the entire time we were there. I didn't take my eyes off him for one moment. I made sure he was in my sight at all times and I made sure I could get to him in a heart beat if something did happen. But I-" I pause for a brief moment.

"I guess there was a blind spot on the other side of the slide." I admit sheepishly.

At this point I was overly worked up just at the thought of something happening to Jack and it being my fault. If anything did happen to him whether it was my fault or not, it would tear me apart. I would never forgive myself for it.

I begin to bite my cheek harder as I watch him wipe his face with both of his hands and sigh. He shifts on his feet and stands sideways, I could see the side profile of his face. His eyes trail across the photos on my dresser for a briefly before he wipes his jaw and turns back towards me.

"Is that why you asked if I had put agents to watch you?" He asks irritated.

I don't say anything, I just nod sheepishly. Usually when he was angry I wouldn't be so sheepish, but since there was a possibility of us being in a relationship I was nervous and even scared.

"Why didn't you tell me this when it happened, instead of now?" He asks, more irritated.

"I- I didn't want to stress you out anymore than you already were."

"You should've told me when it happened Willow."

"I know. I just- Aaron I've worked those type of cases. I've worked them with you and I've seen what they do to you, I know I should've told you when it happened. I just- I didn't want you to stress anymore than you already were. I'm sorry."

My eyes dart from his to the floor then back to his.

He wipes his face with his hand again and sighs.

"He's okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. He's- he's okay."

The two of us go silent for a moment. I knew he was irritated maybe even angry about it. His eyes flicker past me at what I assume to be the window or wall. Very faintly you could hear the TV from downstairs and Jack's laughter which made me feel even worse about what happened.