32.

•Willow's POV•

We walked about ten minutes until we come across a long street filled with small shops and restaurants. All were decorated with fall themed decor, a few even had Christmas decorations up and for sale. Trees lined between the side walk and street, their leaves bright autumn colors as they would fall to the ground.

On one of the corners was the familiar bakery that JJ and I would go to with Henry. I gently pull Jack closer to me as we cross the street to the bakery.

By the looks of it, since it was Wednesday and almost noon, it wasn't too busy.

I open the glass door of the bakery and Jack leads me in. It was a cute and cozy little bakery. They had Fall decor all around and the place smelled of pumpkin spice and cinnamon. There were small plants and pumpkins placed on the few wooden tables that were along side the big bay window and the corner.

As we walk up to the glass casing Jacks eyes immediately light up as he lets go of my hand. On the other side of the glass casing was filled with fall themed deserts and breads. They all looked so pretty with the small added touches of either cinnamon or a fall spice.

"Willow!" He points to the tray of cake pops on the second shelf, just a little below his eye level.

In the middle there were two star-wars themed cake pops surrounded by either girly or fall themed cake pops.

"Is that what you want?"

Immediately he nods with a bright cheeky smile.

"Okay." I say with a laugh.

I look up at the chalkboard menu as I stand close to Jack. I wasn't sure what I wanted all I could think about was the man who Jack said helped him at the park. I had no idea who he could've been and I could only hope it was a decent and normal human being. Not a creep that seeks harm.

Not long after we walk up to the glass casing a young women comes to the counter. Her reddish hazel hair was placed in two fishtail braids that fell over both of her shoulders. She looked to be about my age or a little younger. I glance down at her name tag and see Gwen written in cursive.

"Hi! Are you ready to order?" She asks with a bright smile.

I smile back and look down at Jack.

"Hey bud, do you want anything else?"

He tilts his head back, looking at me with the familiar eyes of his father he shakes his head no.

"You sure?" I ask again, in response he nods his head as he looks back at the glass casing.

"Okay, um could I get the two star wars cake pops, a chocolate chip cookie and a hot apple cider?"

"Sure thing." She says as she rings up the order on the screen.

In the meantime I slide my bag around to the front, just enough to grab my wallet out of the pocket.

"That'll be 10.27." She says as she looks back up.

I open my wallet and pull out my card. After swiping and paying she gives me a receipt. As she's getting our order ready, Jack and I head over to one of the smaller wooden tables near the corner. I pull out his chair that's next to the wall and decided I'd sit on the outside, like a barrier between him and anyone who comes into the bakery.

He climbs up onto his chair as I put my bag around the back of my chair. Just as I finish our order is ready. I go over and grab the small brown box and the cup of apple cider.

I grab a few napkins before going back over to Jack. I had a full view of the bakery and looking around it was just us two and the few workers. I set the box down on the table along with the drink before taking a seat.