19.

•Hotch's POV•

My mind was spiraling with thoughts. I stand there, not able to move, not able to speak, all I could do was think. All I could think about was the night she was shot. The moment she hit the ground. The amount of blood that covered us both.

I immediately snap out of my thoughts when I feel a soft cool hand grab mine. I look down at her as she looks up at me.

"You okay?" She asks softly.

I was still unable to speak or move.

"Aaron?" She asks, slightly louder and more concerned.

Instead of responding, I cup her cheek and gently pull her towards me, immediately planting my lips onto hers. For a split second she hesitates before smoothly moving in sync. Our breaths begin to get heavier and more frequent as we continue. I wrap my other hand around her waist pulling her closer to me. She rests her hands on my belt line and the side of my waist.

This was different than the other times we had kissed. This was more passionate and real.

Eventually we slowly pull away. The both of us slightly out of breath and resting our foreheads against one another's.

"I can't stop thinking about you." I admit, barley above a whisper.

Her inner brows raise as her eyes look into mine.

"Yeah?" She asks gently biting her bottom lip which only made me want her even more.

"Yeah." I whisper back.

"I can't stop thinking about you either." She whispers as she pulls me in for another kiss.

•Willow's POV•

"Daddy?!"

I jump from being startled.

"Jesus." I whisper.

"Up here bud." He shouts back.

He looks down at me.

"Thought you weren't religious?" He asks, raising his brow.

"That would be correct." I say then pat his chest before walking over to the top of the steps.

"Hey bud, you alright?" Aaron asks as he goes down to step Jack's on.

He nods as Aaron pick him up and makes his way down the rest of the steps. I follow behind.

"Can we play the piano now?" He asks eagerly as I close the door.

I look at the two of them.

"I don't see why not." I respond with a smile and slight shrug.

The three of us make our way back downstairs and into the dining room where the piano sat. I go to lift Jack to put him on the bench but Aaron intervenes and does it for me.

"You're still healing." He says under his breath as he sets Jack down.

"I gotta get something." I say as I go into the living room.

I pull a thick and sturdy book off the shelf and head back to the dining room. Aaron was leaving against the kitchen doorframe, watching the both of us.

"Alright, you're a little short so try sitting on this." I say as I set the book on the right side of the bench.

He climbs up and on it, making him a few inches taller and able to reach the keys properly.

"Perfect." I say with a smile as I sit down next to him.

"Alright ready?" I ask.

He nods ans so I start with the proper form and posture.

"So when you're playing the piano, you wanna try to keep your posture neat. So try to keep your back straight by sitting up. Also try to keep your legs from crossing or swinging around." I say as I uncross my legs and sit up, he does the same by making sure his legs are uncrossed and his posture is like mine.

"There you go!" I say with a bright smile.

He smiles and looks up at Hotch who was also smiling as watching us both.

"Alright, so these are the keys. You've got the white and black keys. Each one has a different pitch." I press a key at the lower end of the piano.

"This is the lower end and that's the higher end." I press a key at the higher end of the piano where he was positioned.

"For today we'll just play the white keys. Sound good?"

He nods.

"Okay, now lets try to play a scale."

I show him how to position his hands then a simple C scale. After slowly playing it a few times he catches on.

"There you go!"

We play a few times in sync before I lift my hand allowing him to play by himself. As soon as he realizes I wasn't playing he gets shy and stops.

"Hey, why'd you stop? You we're doing so good!"

He looks at Hotch.

"Keep going bud." He reassures him.

He shyly looks back up at me.

"You ready to learn a song?" I ask with a smile.

He nods and smiles in return.

"Alright,"

I slowly begin teaching him the beginning to Mary had a little lamb. After about 10 minutes he gets the hang of it and I add in my left hand on the lower end. Soon, it was a fairly smooth tune.

"Bravo Jack!" I say as we finish.

He smiles bashfully and looks back up at Aaron who was also smiling.

"Great job!"

He turns back to me.

"Can you play a song?" He asks shyly.

I hesitate for a moment.

"I- mean yeah, I guess I could try. I'm not sure how good it'll be." I say.

(A/N: Click the video at the top of the page, if the video doesn't work the song is called "Experience" by "Ludovico Einaudi" the piano version of course!)

I hesitantly place my hands on the keys. I begin to play the beginning of the song from memory.

As the notes pick up, everything around me begins to fade. All of my worries, fears, stresses, everything disappears. It was just me and the keys to the piano.

I sneak a glance over at Jack who was in complete awe, watching as my hands move smoothly across the keys. I immediately smile and look back down at the keys.

I play about halfway through when suddenly images of my mother flash through my mind. I quickly take my hands off the keys just as my chest tightens.

"What's wrong?" Jack asks.

"Uh- N- nothing," I lie.

"You sure?" Aaron asks concerned as he comes over to the two of us.

"Yeah. I guess- I just forgot the rest of the notes."

I look up at Aaron who was on the other side of Jack. He knew I was lying, but he also knew I wasn't going to say anything in-front of Jack.

A/N: Hi! Just wanted to let you know I've decided to stick to a schedule to keep things a little more organized. As of right now I'll be posting a new chapter every other day :)

Also:
I hope you're enjoying the story! Let me know if you have any questions or comments!
-Winters

_