33.

•Willow's POV•

It's the next day, we just ate lunch a few hours ago and we're now sitting on the porch swing. The sky was slightly cloudy and the air was cool but warm enough to be outside. Jack was on the right of me, with his bunny in his lap and his legs dangling off the end of the swing. I was swinging the swing gently back and forth as the two of us talked about his school, his class, and his friends.

"I painted you and daddy a picture." He says, his eyes bright and his smile wide.

"Really?!"

"Yeah! But daddy has to get them from school."

"He has to get them from school?"

"Yeah and he has to talk to Mr. Winn."

"Is Mr. Winn your teacher?"

"Yeah." He nods and fidgets with his bunny.

"Does your dad know?"

He nods again and looks up at me.

"Okay." I say as I push his hair to the side.

"How's school going?"

"Okay."

"Just okay?"

He nods and doesn't say anything. We swing quietly for a few minutes before he looks up at me.

"Can we play the piano?"

"You wanna play the piano?"

He nods. I look out onto the street for a brief moment before looking back down at him.

"Okay, yeah sure let's go play the piano." I say as I stop the swing.

I stand up and help him off the swing. He grabs his bunny and the two of us head back inside. I close and lock the door behind me. Jack slips off his jacket and his shoes and as he's going into the dining room I hang it on the banister of the stairs. I set his shoes next to the door before going into the dining room where he was already sitting on the bench.

"Okay." I say as I go over to the other side of the bench.

He was sitting on my right side, his legs dangling off the side of the bench. I adjust myself and flip up the key cover revealing all of the black and white keys.

"Do you remember what I showed you last time?"

He shakes his head no.

"Okay. Do you want to learn something today?"

He shakes his head no.

"Can you to play?"

I look at him for a moment before responding.

"You want me to play?" I ask and he nods.

"Okay. Sure I guess I can do that."

I shift my position and sit straighter. I slowly run my hand over top of the keys. This was something I'd do before I'd play any song, right before I'd position my hands on the keys needed. It was something my mother did and I picked up on when I was little.

"Okaaay." I breathe out as I think of a song to play.

Once I think of a song, I begins to play the beginning tune of 'City of stars.' As I continue to play and get further into the song that's when I add in my right hand. Once getting the hang of it I glance down at Jack as he watches me play. His eyes were glued to my hands as my fingers glide over the keys. I look back at the keys and when I come to the end of the song I take my hands off the keys. Immediately Jack looks up at me.