6.

•Hotch's POV•

I watch as the sunset starts to fade. The sky was slowly getting darker, and it was beginning to near 8pm. I lean forward on the bench, resting my elbows on my knees. It was just myself in the quiet hallway, besides the occasional doctor or nurse that passes through. It probably wasn't the best thing, being alone with my thoughts, but I needed to. I needed to try and process everything. My mind was racing with so many thoughts. Mostly Memories of the past. Memories of her. They weren't bad memories, they were good. That has to mean something right?

"I'm not dead, ya know?"

I snap my head up. Looking around, the halls were empty.

"I mean... I did die, but I'm alive at the moment."

I snap my head to the right of me. She was on the bench. H-how? How is she here?

Her tone was clear and crisp. She was wearing a plain white sundress and sandals. Just like she did when we bumped into each other in the park a few months ago. Her skin was sun kissed, her hair tied in a long braid over her left shoulder. Rays of the sunset shine across her soft skin. She turns her head towards me, showing her sun kissed cheeks, and her icy blue eyes.

"H-how're you here?" I ask, I was completely thrown off and confused.

"Don't feel guilty for something you couldn't control." Her voice was still crisp and clear as if she really was here right next to me.

"How- I don't understand."

Lifting my hand I go to touch her, but as soon as I do, she's gone. Like nothing happened. Like she was never here.

"Hotch?"

I snap my head up to the other end of the hallway. Rossi stood there looking at me, confused. He waits a moment before finishing.

"The PD is about to brief us. You coming?"

I nod and immediately stand up, glancing back at the bench before going over to him.

"You alright there?" He asks as we walk down the hallway.

"Yeah. I just- yeah I'm fine." He looks at me and stops.

"You sure?"

I thought about telling him what just happened but I can't.

He raises a brow but I simply nod.

We get back to the hospital room. Garcia and JJ were next to the bed. Emily and Reid were on the couch and Morgan was standing near the door.

"Oh my god Hotch!"

As soon as Garcia see's me she rushes over. Embracing me in a tight hug. I just stand there, looking around the room.

"I'm so sorry." She says pulling away.

I just look at her then glance at Rossi. Just then there's a knock on the door. A older women steps in, wearing khakis, black boots, a Miami police chiefs polo and a leather belt that held her gun and badge.

"I'm Donna Westly, Miami police chief. Is Aaron Hotchner here?" She asks.

"Right here." I respond.

She immediately sticks her hand out but I refuse to shake it. I just stand there and look at her.

"Alright. Well. I'm here to brief you on the current situation." Everyone looks at her.

"Maybe not here." She looks at Willow.

"She can't hear anything. She's in a coma." Morgan states slightly irritated.

"That's not necessarily true. The brain of a coma patient may continue to work even in a coma. It might hear the sounds in the environment, like the footsteps of someone approaching or the voice of a person speaking." Reid spits out.

Emily looks at him.

"Wait, so there's a possibility she can hear us?"

He nods.

"She won't be able to respond, since her brain is working it's minimal, but there's a possibility she can hear us right now. In fact hearing stories exercises circuits in the brain which can trigger the first glimpses of awareness. Hearing family members' voices really can help those in a coma wake up sooner." Reid states while looking at her.

"How do you fit all that information into one head?" Emily asks and Reid shrugs.

"I do have a eidetic memory."

Morgan smirks even if he meant to or not.

"That could be the reason her heart rate picks up when someone she's unfamiliar with speaks or comes into the room, or even when someone mentions something negative." Reid explains.

I glance at the monitor, her heart rate was stable. The police chief clears her throat.

"I hate to interrupt, but I have a strict schedule, so can we get this moving." She spits out bitterly.

We all follow her to the hall.

_