Untitled Part 2

Kiren hadn’t even bothered going home. She just kept wandering around town, no direction in particular in mind. She ended up by a railing that overlooked the whole town. It was starting to rain, making everything look beautiful to her.

She put her arms on the railing and sighed, “And just what the hell am I supposed to do now?”

“Well, you could start with getting out of the rain,” came a voice from behind her.

She jumped and turned around into a defensive position. She lowered her stance a little when she saw who it was.

“Ya know, it’s impolite to sneak up behind someone and scare them, Yuske.”

He laughed, “You and being polite.”

She smiled, “What’s wrong with it?”

“Nothing, just something I noticed about you.”

Kiren turned back around to look out over the town. “That’s all everyone does. Notice things about me. How I’m nothing like a ‘normal’ person. I thought maybe I could fit in here. But I guess I was wrong. Maybe I should go back.”

“Go back where?”

Kiren snapped her head up as she realized what she had said. “It’s nothing, forget about it.”

Yuske looked at her oddly, “Ok?”

Kiren sighed, “If you were smart, Urameshi, you’d know to stay the hell away from me.” She started walking away.

“Hey, wait a minute,” Yuske ran after her and grabbed her by the elbow; big mistake.

Kiren’s instincts took over. She turned around, kicking Yuske into the near by tree while screaming; “Don’t touch me!”

She opened her eyes and looked around herself until she found Yuske. Her eyes starting tearing up, “I’m sorry Yuske. But maybe now you’ll believe me when I say you shouldn’t be near me.”

She ran off as Yuske steadily got up from the ground. “She’s got some power to her.”

Kurama appeared from behind, “That wasn’t her Yuske.”

He looked at Kurama confused, “What do you mean?”

“You mean you really couldn’t tell?”

“Not really, clue me in.”

“You’ve seen her defensive position before, right?”

“Yeah.”

“This one was completely different. Extremely old school.”