Untitled Part 5

Kiren got a shiver down her spine as they walked in. The team looked around as the door shut behind them. It looked like your typical castle, stone walls, rusty gates and chains, dripping water.

Kiren rolled her eyes, “Always has to be traditional doesn’t he?”

Kurama looked at her oddly, “What do you mean?”

She continued without hearing Kurama; pacing as she spoke, “He never changes, never. One would think that he’d get more creative over the years.”

She had her hand on her temples as Kurama tapped her shoulder.

“Um, Kiren, what are you talking about?”

She looked around at the team, “Oh no, do not tell me I was actually speaking out loud?”

They all nodded. She started pacing again, “Well, this is awkward. Um, is there any way possible that we could forget that I said anything?”

She got cold stares from around the room. She sighed, “Alrighty then, um, I may know who’s at the head of this, I may not. Can we just get going before we get bombarded at the door?”

Hiei stood in front of her, “No, if you have information about his place and what’s going on, we need to know. Who knows what could help us.”

She sighed, “I kinda have information and I kinda don’t.”

Kurama stood in front of her beside Hiei, “Kiren, this is not the time for secrets. We need to know what we’re going up against.”

She glared, “What happened to not asking questions?”

“Those were pertaining to you. This has nothing to do with you, does it?”

She turned away from them, “And what if it does? You gonna force it out of me?”

Yuske walked up next to her resting a hand on her shoulder, “We don’t wanna force anything out of you, it’d just be nice to know what’s going on and if we even stand a chance.”

She sighed and turned around, “I don’t really wanna talk about it but I suppose I must. You might have a chance. The person we’re looking for is not your average demon. He likes to play games. He likes to make obstacles and see if someone can get over them. He doesn’t like to get his hands dirty, but if he must, he will.”

Kurama got his thinking look, “So what kind of demon is he?”

“He’s a normal kind of demon, has the power of fire. He’s just very powerful. He likes to put traps up for anyone trying to get to him and he gets pleasure out of torturing people.”

Yuske gave a nervous chuckle, “Well, he sounds like just the kind of guy that I wanna hang out with.”

Kurama turned towards Kiren, “Yes, he does. And just how do you know him exactly?”

She looked away, trembling a little, “Let’s just say we go way back. Anyway, I told you what you wanted to know so let’s getting moving shall we? I vote for the stairs, just be careful.”

Yuske stepped in front of her, blocking the stairs, “Why are you so scared?”

She glared at him, “I’m not scared.”

Hiei came up behind her smirking, “You’re shaking like a scared little girl.”

She turned towards him glaring even harder, “I am not. I’m just really excited. Ya know, things are finally getting good and everything.”

“Hn, we shall see. Don’t slow us down scardy-cat.”

She calmed herself and said coldly, “I should be saying that about you slow poke. Anyway, stairs, let’s go.”