Untitled Part 4

It seemed to go on forever. They just kept walking and walking and walking with no end in sight.. Hiei was getting very irritated and even more bored. Kiren was off in her own little world; eyes glued to the little red string of demon energy that they were following.

Hiei noticed Kiren slowing down until she stopped completely. Hiei glared at Kiren, “Don’t tell me you’re tired already?”

Kiren returned his glare, “Hell no. I just figured you might want a warning.”

He raised his eyebrow, “Warning of what exactly?”

Kiren sighed, “I’m shocked you haven’t noticed them yet.”

Hiei crossed his arms getting impatient, “Noticed what human?”

She narrowed her eyes at him, “I’ll let that one pass for now. Anyway, since you haven’t notice yet, I shall enlighten you. There are multiple traps from here going onward so you might wanna follow close behind me.”

He looked away from her, “I think I’ll be quite fine on my own. I don’t need help from anyone.”

She put her hand to her temple and started rubbing where a headache was forming.

“Fine, have it your way then. If you get caught in something, don’t come crying to me.” She took a step forward and then she was gone.

Hiei glared in the direction she went and followed, trying to catch up to her. In his hurry to catch up with Kiren, he stepped on a patch of sand that made a clicking sound. Once he let his foot up off of it, he heard booms of in the distance getting closer to him.

He cursed and increased his speed to the max that he could go; avoiding the traps that he could see. He set a few more off in the process but he just kept going. He finally got to where he could see Kiren in the distance.

Kiren heard the explosions coming from behind her and turned to see what the commotion was. She saw Hiei running towards her with fire and booming coming from behind him. She crossed her arms and waited for Hiei to reach her.

Just before Hiei reached her, he missed a hole in the ground and fell in. As he fell in, bars went over the top of the hole, locking Hiei in. Kiren walked over and looked down to see Hiei trying everything to get out of the hole.

She smiled, “You having issues there shorty?”

“What do you think?” he shouted at her. “What kind of a trap is this anyway?”

Kiren kneeled down, “A tricky one that doesn’t allow it’s prey to use any type of energy to get out. The only way out is for someone on the outside to deactivate it. I just might know how to do that.” She gave a wry smile.

He narrowed his eyes, “So why aren’t you doing anything?”

She made it look like she was thinking hard about her answer. Then she gave an evil smirk at him, “Gee, I believe there was someone who said that he didn’t anyone’s help. Now, where could I have heard that one from?”