Untitled Part 3

Kiren was sitting in a tree in her back yard, staring up through the branches. She didn’t want to go inside yet. She knew the answer she’d get to training with Genkai again. She just wasn’t ready to hear the joy of her going away in her mother’s voice.

As if her mother knew she was thinking about her, her mother came outside and was standing underneath the tree staring up at her.

“Ya know, if you would actually come and eat every once in a while, you wouldn’t be such a scrawny little thing. Dinner’s ready if you want any.”

Kiren looked at herself as her mother went back inside. ‘I’m not that scrawny,’ she thought to herself. She was about 5’1’’, had a very slender form. She was small in every form possible for a girl, but she wouldn’t consider herself scrawny. ‘Besides, awesome things come in small packages.’ She smiled at herself for a second.

She sighed and hopped down from her branch and went inside. She walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table across from her father who was taking a sip from his never ending beer can.

Her mother turned around and set the food on the table, noticing her daughter was actually sitting there.

“Well, well I see the scrawny little demon of ours has finally decided that she was good enough to join us for dinner dear.”

Her father chuckled, “There must be something important going on for you to be sitting down for supper. So, what are the honors for your presence this fine evening?” came a slightly slurred reply from her father.

Kiren shook her head, “Why does there have to be a reason for me to sit down and eat dinner with my parents?”

Her mother snickered. “Well, for one, you’ve never once sat down for dinner except for that one time before you went to go train at that dojo thing. And number two, who knows who your real parents are. So, what’s the occasion?”

Kiren had to turn her head to fight back tears. “Genkai wants me to come back to the dojo. I figured you’d wanna know.”

Her mother screamed for joy as her father downed the rest of his beer and opened another and started dancing with his wife saying how happy they were that Kiren was leaving them again.

Kiren got up from her seat mumbling an “excuse me” before running upstairs to her room. She sat on her bed for a moment before grabbing a suitcase and a duffel bag to pack everything up.

She went downstairs towards the door, stopped for a moment to look at her parents, shook her head and walked out the door. Without skipping a beat, she went straight to Genkai’s place.

She sprinted up to the doors and stared at them for about a minute before taking a deep breath and went inside. She looked around her as the doors closed. ‘This place hasn’t changed a bit,’ she thought.

She followed noise coming from a tv to find Genkai in front it sipping her tea.