Untitled Part 14

Kurama walked down the hallway to the room that Kiren was in deep in thought.

‘How long has it been now since we brought Kiren back here? I think it’s been almost a month now. I’m starting to wonder if there’s something wrong with her.’

He stopped at Kiren’s door and went in, smiling when he saw Hiei still sitting at her bedside.

He walked up beside him, “Any changes, Hiei?”

“Hn, what do you think fox?”

Kurama’s smile faded, “Have you thought of the possibility that there’s something wrong with her?”

Hiei glanced up at him, “I have. I remembered that one of the last things she said to me was the Genji was in her memories trying to kill her. I thought maybe that meant that she was trapped in her mind.”

Kurama nodded, “Can you get inside her mind?”

He shook his head, “No. Not that I know of anyway. Every single time that I try, all I get is darkness. It doesn’t even feel like I’m in her mind.”

Kurama put his hand to his chin and searched his brain for an answer.

“Why don’t you take a break Hiei and go stretch your legs. I’ll keep an eye on her.”

He glared a little, “Why should I go and do that?”

Kurama smiled, “You’ve barely left this room for the past month. Maybe getting outside will clear your head a bit. Maybe you’ll think of something to help her.”

Hiei fidgeted a little in the chair before silently getting up and walking out of the room. Kurama took his place in the chair and looked at Kiren. He sighed and brushed her bangs out of her face.

“What’s wrong with you Kiren? You should’ve woken up by now.”

Hiei came back a few hours later and sat on the windowsill.

“Any thoughts while you were out?”

He shook his head, “We’re just going to have to wait until she wakes up on her own.”

Kurama sighed and closed his eyes, getting comfortable in the chair. Nightfall soon came upon them. Kurama stood up to leave but soon stopped as he looked at Kiren.

Hiei looked over at him, “What’s up?”

He looked over at him with a smile, “Her eyes are moving underneath her eye lids. She should wake up soon.”

Hiei got off the sill and went next to her on the other side of the bed. He let a little smile loose when he confirmed what Kurama had said. He went over to the door and turned towards Kurama.