(Chapter 10) - Painful

2 days have passed... The Reunion movement aren't making a move. so far Rhodes Islands had used this opportunity to develop an antidote yet they still haven't progressed...

Dr. Yumi sighed and stretched her arms after finishing all of the papers... She has been worried at her childhood friend...

Silence, and Dr. Kal'tsit confirmed that Ryo has been unconscious, though its odd since he just got beaten up badly.

2 days ago

They where expectedly shock to see his heart was wrapped by an armor... "What is that?" Amiya points at a core in his heart... "Half of his heart ain't even functioning anymore..." Silence said as the girls gasped...

"Then that means?!" Yumi looks at Kal'tsit responding after giving out a sigh... "The arteries have already been damaged and his heart had a difficulty to regulate the blood that is pumping. i could say that he is already long dead for like a year..."

Hearing the neko said that... Yumi grits her teeth and held back the tears... They all turned to Skadi who doesn't seemed faze at this situation, since she has gotten used at her comrades dying thanks to her misfortune...

"No, this is the first time i heard of this... he didn't even told me his condition..." Skadi closed the memo that she is reading... "Warfarin already gave me the results earlier of his blood test... It says that he's not infected. yet what did caused to him catch this sickness?" Kal'tsit then thinks...

"I believe the answer is in this memo." the bounty hunter threw it and Yumi catched it before hitting the ground...

The leading commander reads the part that Skadi left and was shocked to see what it was written...

"To Yumi...

If your reading this, then I'm sure you will know the reason why is there another reason of me not joining Rhodes Islands?

Because of the medical exam, i have feared on what you will hear about the results... My heart has been damaged badly due to using my special ability.

From my codename Timewatch. I have the ability to control time, in exchange of using this power, my heart slowly withers...

That's why i always kept my distance from you,  Acting like i hate you since you left me... Funny right?

But don't worry Yumi. I'll be fine on my own... By the time you read this, I'm sure i probably have the guts to confront you about this...

Your childhood friend...

Ryo."

She then went down on her knees and burst out her built up emotions to him. Amiya then comforted the crying Yumi... "Don't worry doctor he would be okay soon..."

"Yeah. but now that's he's fast asleep. we cannot guarantee his life. it us up to him to wake up... the best we could do is watch him..." Silence then leaves after giving her report, because she have more business to do...

To the present

Ansel then placed another stacked documents at Yumi's desk... her face grows pale and wants to rest for a bit...

"Come on Doctor, or Kal'tsit will end up scolding you again..." Exusiai said as she finished eating her apple pie... "Yeah..." she chuckles remembering the time she snuck off Rhodes Islands and got caught by the Tsun cat...

"Here. Leader!" Exusiai gave her a cup of coffee... "thank you..." Yumi smiles as she drank it all...

Ryo's POV

I woke up and find myself in a road...

"Hello!" I tried calling someone, but no one answers me...