Hajime Hinata Hearing A Song That Reminded Him Of His Ex

Hajime Hinata 

- It had been months after you two broke up. A mutual agreement, you just weren't right for each other. Moving on to better things and better people. 

- He was torn for the first couple of days after the break up, it was hard to come to terms with reality. You were gone. No longer his, no longer yours. 

- With some support from Nagito, Chiaki and Fuyuhiko he was able to get over you and move on with his life. Going your separate ways, living your lives without the other. It was hard, but he was managing. 

- Everything was back to normal, school was stressing him out but that wasn't any different from before. One late night, Hajime finally dragged himself into bed after a night of relentless studying. 

- Exhaustion waved over him as his phone lit up with a text from one of his classmates, Hajime rolled over in bed, squinting to read it. "Dude you gotta check out this guy, he slaps honestly" Eyes drifted down to a mysterious link to Spotify, with the name "Nothing,Nowhere" hidden in it. 

- Without thinking much of it, he opened Spotify and typed in the artist "Nothing,Nowhere" and clicked on the first song "Clarity in Kerosene". 

- Flopping back on the bed, he slipped on headphones letting the music swallow him whole. Until Hajime's eyes shot open. This sounded too familiar. Way too familiar. Way too painful. 

- Chills ran down his body, as his hands clamped around the phone. He knew this song too well. You loved it. Nothing,Nowhere was your favourite artist. Hajime never struck you for listening to sort of rap music but he would always listen along and smile as you sang the words. 

- His chest tightened as the song continued. Painful memories flashed in his mind, to the better times you two had. Lazy days spent cuddling on the couch, mini-golf dates that lead into getting lunch, or early morning breakfast jam sessions. 

- "There was love and hate, but this was something in between." He mumbled out the song lyric, imaging you singing it to him. The last song you sang to him before you broke up with him. 

- The last happy memory he had of you. Before he was left broken, alone and without your love. 

A/N: If this seems super personal, there's a fun story connected to it, let me know in the comments if you want to know the story behind this! God, I heard this song, and it just killed me so I knew I had to write about it. 

~ Mod Fuyu