Going In Labor

Chapter 11

PART ONE

I woke up in an hospital bed with Meka and Kelly in the room. "Bestfriend you're finally up." She smiled happily. "Yeah, I'm still a little tired tho."

"I bet you are since your brother and your baby daddy got into a fight and ruined the whole shower." She rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah right where is everybody now?"

"Their out in the waiting room. I didn't let anyone else come in but us." Meka said upset. "Just get you some rest before the baby comes."

She was right about that. I knew things would end badly that's why I didn't invite Danny to the shower. He had already made things worst and I hated him. Atleast I received a blessing from a lesson. I laid here and thought about how things would change once the baby came. I would have a whole new life. Being a mother and everything. "Kelly, where's King? I want to see him." It had been a while since I seen him. Since he had spent most of his time in the hospital and me and Kelly wasn't allowed to see each other.

"He's out there too. Want me to go get him?" I shook my head up and down. She left the room and now I was stuck with Meka. "Look, I'm here for you ok? I love you lil sister." I knew she loved me. She was doing enough for me already. She help me get my first job even though I didn't stay there long. I still enjoyed my time working with her and the rest of the crew at her shop.

The door had opened and everybody entered my room. They had balloons, flowers, and baby shower gifts. "Since we couldn't finish the shower, we brought it to you." I had felt special. My pregnancy made me very emotional. I had always cried whether I was happy or not. Everything made me cry at this stage. "Thank Yall so much."

King walked up to me placing a kiss on my lips. "My brother is standing there." I said feeling embarrassed. "Girl stop. You're already having a baby. What's a kiss going to do." I guess he was right. A kiss wasn't going to get me pregnant.

"Where's Megan? I felt like I haven't seen her in a minute." Meka had asked. "Oh she's on bed rest." Chris responded. I couldn't believe I was having my baby before Megan was. She was due way before me.

The thing is she was having a boy and I was having a girl. She was thinking about naming him Christian and I agreed that it was perfect. Chris' name was Christopher and Megan wasn't big on making her baby a Jr. It wasn't my plan either. If I was having a boy I was going to name him Anthony or Antwone. I was excited about the baby being a girl since I was going to have me a little Mini me. "Thanks again to you all. I love Yall." I meant everything I said. It felt good to have the biggest support group I had. The support of family was the best thing to have. I just wish my mother was here for this but knowing her she wasn't. It made me very emotional that she wasn't here for this. 

I had enough visitors in my room but since my mom wasnt here for this made me feel empty on the inside. I wish she could have been here for the birth of her first granddaughter. She had no grand kids that was already here in the world. Meka had been told by several doctors that she couldn't have any kids and that made me grateful for my daughter. 

I just laid here while everybody talked to me all at the sametime while i tried to listen to them all. I laughed since it sounded like some of nothing. Just alot of gibberish. My nurse had entered the room. "Ms. Morgan you have another visitor." She said. Walked in was my mother who I had just been thinking about. I cried tears of joy as she walked up to me. "I can't believe you actually came." 

"You thought i wasn't going to come? I wouldn't miss this for the world."

I felt a little better knowing she was here. "How are you feeling?' She asked. "I'm nervous. I don't think I can do this." My heart was beating fast. "You can do it Alexis. If I pushed your brother out, I know you can push out Madison." I laughed. "He must was a big baby?" I giggled. "Chris was 10 pounds." She said making everyone in the room laugh. "That means Megan is at home suffering right now." I said.

"Wait, she haven't  gave birth to Cj yet?" Mom seemed so surprised. "If you came around your kids more often then you're know these things." Chris yelled. Here he was again. I think he was getting Megan's hormones. He seemed so angry about everything. "Please don't start this. I can't take anymore of this." I cried out. "How about everyone just go back in the waiting room please?" Megan escorted everyone out. Now I was alone with my sister and my mama. "I'm sorry I haven't been here for yall. I'm trying to get better with these things ok. I've been clean for 2 years. Can you just be happy for me please." I seen the tears roll down my mom's face. I still loved my mother. She was the one who birthed me. "I understand." I reached in to hug my mother but I started having contractions and this time they really hurt. They was much worst and I couldn't take the pain.

I called for the nurse while my mom and Meka tried to keep me calm. Having a baby was really painful. I couldn't see how my mom did this three times.