Put A Ring On It

Chapter 16

"You know I love you right?" King asked. "I hope so. I've been in a couple relationships and I received blessings and lessons from them."

"You know I'm here for you. I was just ready to take things to the next level." My mouth and eyes got wide. "You want to have sex. King Im just not ready. It's just the first time I had sex I got preg-"

"No, I'm not talking about sex. Believe it or not but I'm a virgin. I was just waiting for the right girl." I couldn't believe he just said he was a virgin. I don't find to many virgins in this generation. "You're my right one but I want to make you my wife before we go any further." He pulled out a black case from his pocket. "Not now. Not even after graduation. Maybe a year from now. I want you to wear this ring. Will you be my wife?" Tears filled my eyes.

This was a real proposal. "Well hello. Answer the man." Kelly said. I didn't even know her and Ms.Kia was around. "Yesss of course I will." He put the ring on my finger. It was a beautiful ring. I kissed King. I looked down at my baby seeing she had a smile on her face as well. "I think she agrees." Kelly said.

"She don't know what's going on." I replied. "Whatever girl."

I could tell everyone was happy but I really couldn't go with it. Last time someone gave me a ring they broke my heart.

My mind was just all over the place. "What about your father. He would not let this happen." Kelly smacked her teeth. "Don't start this again. Look my mama said it was okay. He can't tell King what to do. The man is grown. My mom said it's okay so that means it's okay."

"You know you repeated yourself but okay." I smiled. I was just hoping everything would go as planned. I wasn't ready for this type of commitment. Like being with one person for the rest of my life. I have my daughter to think about. I have my education to think about.

"What the hell is going on here?" Mr.Jason yelled. His voice was so deep that it roared through the house. "I know damn well you didn't propose to her. She's the reason this family is falling apart. She put your son in the hospital. I'm against this whole thing."

I was never really the person to hate anyone but I really hated him. He was just to rude and disrespectful. "Don't start this shit. You're the reason this family is falling apart. I hate you." Kelly said before walking off. "King can you hold Mady? I have to go check on your sister." I handed Madison over to King and went up to Kelly's room. Tears was falling down her face. I must admit I haven't seen Kelly cry since I comforted her after her dad's passing.

"I hate him Foreal. I know he took care of us after my dad died but it's like everything changed. You can't tell?" I thought about everything she just said. Things did change for them. "Why you think my brother was never around. He sent him away after finding out he was in the streets. My brother wasn't a bad person he just was trying to make a living. You know what I mean?"

I understood everything she meant. My brother was the same way. That's why my mom put him out. I never really understood that since she was in the streets her self. "It's going to be okay. Once you graduate you can leave." I hugged my friend and comforted her like I did before. I just hate everything was happening to them. "You and King welcome to come to my place. I'm sure my brother won't mind."

I headed back downstairs hearing Mr.Jason and Ms.Kia arguing. Maybe I was the one tearing their family apart. I never really seen them argue until the situation between Danny and King happened. "I'm sorry you had to hear that." King said handing me back Madison. "It's okay. I already know he hates me." He looked down at the floor.

"Don't worry about him. We love you and that's all that matters." I did a smirk but still felt the same way. "I'm ready." Kelly came down stairs with puffy red eyes. "We're going back to my place. You can come if you want."

*******

"Lawd, how will I tell Chris I'm engaged?" Kelly smacked her teeth. "You don't have to tell him nothing. He's engaged, planned a wedding and never got married." I swear Everytime she said something she snapped. "Wasn't you just crying a few minutes ago?" She agreed that she was but that just made her want to talk more. "Don't say nothing else Kelly. Just be quiet and enjoy the ride." King said while riding through my neighborhood. "The ride will be over in like 2 minutes. I'm just trying to lighten the mood." We both looked at her. "What mood?"

I had to admit my Bestfriend is the worst when's she in her feelings. She's a talker already but listening to her talk now would make you so mad. King even had to turn up the radio a couple of times.

"You're the most girl." I said as I grabbed Madison out the car. "Whatever, just open your door. I have to pee." I handed Madison over to King and ran quickly to my door to open it. I knew Chris was gone since his car was nowhere in sight. I didn't know if Megan's home either. I could never tell since she always park in the garage.

As soon as I opened the door she ran off. "She's so crazy man I swear." I told King as we entered my house. "You can take her in the living room." I grabbed me a bottled water and followed behind. I sat on the couch just looking down at my ring. I really didn't pay attention to it until now. It looked as if it was so expensive. I couldn't believe I was wearing another ring. I just hope everything goes well.

"Phew, I almost didn't make it." She said making her way towards us. "Thanks to my future Sister-in-law. How do you have a baby and move so slow girl?" She say anything but she never get under my skin since I'm so used to it. Her crazy ways started when we was in the 5th grade. You would think she's such a bully. "I'm really about to lay down. Yall can join me if yall want." I took Madison from her car seat and head up to my room.