It's Too Late

Chapter 17

Madison's cry had awaken me the next morning. Lawd, I was actually tired but anything for my little lady. I made myself get up from bed to get Madison from her crib. I turned on my light realizing Kelly and King were both sleeping on my floor. "You want me to get her?" Kelly asked sounding still asleep. "Just hold her while I go make her a bottle." I handled her my child.

As I made her bottle someone knocked on my door. They didn't think to even ring my door bell. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's Danny." I sighed as I opened the door. "I heard about what you did to Destiny and I'm not happy. You were that mad that you caused her to have a miscarriage?"

"I didn't make her have anything. I found her like that. I can't believe this. You could've even come see your own child but have the right to confront me." I felt like I didn't have to explain myself. I'm just mad that everything that was going on had to be my fault. I never wanted Destiny to lose her baby but I never believed she was pregnant.

"I don't even want to look at your face right now I swear."

He walked towards me. "Can I see her?" I shook my head no. I felt like it was to late. I felt like he should've been came. "Please I have to." The look n his face was so pitiful. "Okay come in. Let me make her bottle." He stood there playing with his fingers. "Kelly and King are here. Try to be respectful for your child's sake." I guided him up to my room. "Oh Lord." Kelly said. "He's just coming to see the baby. Nothing more." I took Madison from Kelly and handed her to her father. "Here sit down and feed her." I handed him the bottle and showed him what to do. He actually looked like his was enjoying himself.

I went and laid next to King on the floor. He looked like he was just sleeping to good. I thought it was a good idea to mess with him in his sleep. I kissed on his lips multiple of times until he woke up. "Stop playing." He laughed. "I think I can do whatever I want. We're engaged now." I smiled since I was happy to say that.

"WHAT? Yall two are engaged?" Danny shouted. "You're loud. My brother them are sleeping in the next room. Why does it matter to you anyway. You're with Destiny." I responded. "I knew letting you're in was a big mistake."

"I'm sorry okay? I'm not with Destiny. I was just trying to do the right thing since she was having my baby. I realized I've been childish and I'm sorry." I was surprised to hear Danny apologize but did he really mean it? He had his chance and he failed as a boyfriend. "King you just take care of her. Her and Madison." He handed Madison back to Kelly and left out.

"I guess he finally got the picture." King said landing a kiss on my lips. I'm just happy he matured a little. I've been waiting for this moment for the longest. I have to admit it was cute to see him hold her for the first time. "He didn't have to leave though." King said. "He's always leaving so I'm used to it."

*******

Kelly decided to babysit Madison while me and King hung out. I had no idea where we was going but I didn't care. I felt like it was time for us to hang out just us by ourselves. I haven't decided what I wanted to wear just yet. All I did was raid my closet hoping to find something pretty. Something sexy but not to sexy to the point he wants to take them off. I knew King wasn't the type but he was a boy so yeah. This is not my first date but I felt like it was. It was something special as least I felt it was.

Finally. I came across an outfit I bought a long time ago. It was a black mini dress. It still had its tag on it which mean I never wore it before. I was hoping I could fit it since I had a baby and all. It didn't take me long to get ready. Once I showered and curl my hair in wand curls I was all done. I sprayed on some of my Nicki Minaj perfume that Megan got me for my birthday and some bath and body works lotion. I was so ready to go.

I walked downstairs finding my brother sitting in the living room. "Where are you going?" He looked me up and down. "With that lil bitty ass dress on?" I sighed. "On a date with King and it's not little. It's a mini." I explained. "Well whatever it is you need to take it off."

I thought it was a little to late for all this. I felt like I was grown and I could do whatever I wanted. "Man whatever." I said making my way out the door. "You're rude ass hell. You can't be living here being disrespectful." He shouted to me before I got in the car. "Fine I'll leave. Once my date is over I'll come pack my things and leave."

This is the second time this has happened but I could really care less about it. "Is everything okay?" King asked me as I got in his car. "Yeah, except I just got put out."

"What? Well you can come to our house once the date is over." I kissed King. He knew exactly what to do to make me feel better. "I love you!" I said making him say it back. I was going to enjoy my night out with my soon to be husband.

*******

"So, what all Yall did?" Kelly asked. "Bitch you're nosey." I said swinging my hair. "Girl get the hell out of here. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be with my brother." She teased. "Well I thank you for hooking us up. He's a real sweet heart." I smiled once he had returned. "You and Madison sleeping in my room tonight?" King asked with a big smile on his face. "Yeah we can."

"No she can't. She sleeping in the room with me. Yall some freaks." She blurted out. "Girl gone. That's not going down." I said. "Whatever." She said going upstairs with Madison still in her arms. I think she just wanted me and King to be alone. It wasn't a problem to me since I wanted to be alone with him. King just wanted to kiss all over me. I didn't want to stop him since I love the way his lips felt on mine.

"Hey you two." Ms. Kia said. I pulled away from King. "Oh hey." I ran up to her giving her a hug. "I heard you and Madison would be staying here with us for a while." I felt kind of bad staying here for some reason but I couldn't go home. I hate arguing with my brother but sometimes the way he acted hurt my feelings and tonight I wasn't going to deal with him. "Yeah, I had a fight with my brother." I explained. "You're always welcomed." She said then walking away. "You know my mama love you girl." King said wrapping his arms around my waist. "Yes and I love her to." I turned around placing my lips on his. "Stop before you make another Madison." Ms.Kia said making her way upstairs. I laughed "She's funny."

My phone vibrated in my back pocket. "Hello." I said. "Hey, this is Destiny. I just want to thank you for helping me out at school that day." She sounded like she was crying. "No problem." I said before hanging up. I knew she knew what everyone else thought. I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I just hated everyone was still blaming me for it.

"What she's doing here?"  Mr.Jason shouted. Here we go again with this non sense. "She's going to be here for a while. You're just going to have to deal with it." King said snapping back at his stepfather. "I don't have to deal with anything. Take her home now or I'm leaving." He threatened him. "What's going on?" Ms.Kia asked while Kelly followed behind her. "The problem is this lil hoe and her bastard child staying here for a while. Kia, you didn't talk to me about this." He shouted and went on and on. "I didn't know I had to tell you anything. This is my house and if you want to leave you can leave. You're not going to disrespect this girl or her baby. You're definitely not going to disrespect me or my kids. Good bye." She said slapping him right across his face. I didn't want to be the one tearing this family apart. I felt even bad being here and having to witness this. "It's okay I'll leave." I said. "No you're not. You can come over anytime you want." Kelly said. "Yeah you leave." Mr. Jason said. I reached for Madison but Kelly didn't hand her over. "King take Lexis and Madison upstairs." Kelly said. I followed behind as King walked upstairs. "I'm sorry." I tried to explain.
"You have nothing to be sorry about. He's the one that needs to apologize to you." He hugged me tight.

"Well he's gone." Kelly said. "Really?" I asked. "It's okay." Kelly said trying to make me feel better. "Don't worry he was already an asshole." They both said making me laugh. "You know, she's starting to look like Danny?" Kelly said. "Lawd, don't say that." I said.

"It's too late."

TO BE CONTINUED......

Follow Me On IG: @PicturebeingCl