Back in School

Chapter 14

It felt weird having to go back to school. I had gotten used to being home. I really didn't expect those four weeks to go by so fast. I hate having to leave Madison behind while I go to school. Good thing Megan agreed to watch her while I go to school. It was even better having Chris take a vacation from work to help her.

I looked at my figure in the mirror. I hated the way my stomach looked. I needed to join the YMCA by the school ASAP and lose this lil baby fat. I grabbed my Carnegie and put it on. It's was kind of big since I wore it when I was pregnant. I just needed to hide this fat on my stomach. I still looked like I was somebody's mother. I still needed to focus in school. I pulled my hair back in a ponytail.

"Girl are you ready?" Kelly asked busting through my room door. "What does it look like?" She stared me up and down. "You look like you had a rough night. You don't look ready to me." I rolled my eyes. "I'm ready and I'm tired because Madison kept waking up in the middle of the night."

"Bestfriend I understand but you don't have to look busted down." I can't believe she just said that. I didn't have it all but I made sure I looked good where ever I went. "We don't have to be to school just yet. I'm about to fix you up because you look awful." She sat me down on the bed. "First we're going to do something about this head of yours. I never seen you with a ponytail." I've been to tired to do anything for my self lately. Something she wouldn't understand since she didn't have a kid.

"I really don't need a makeover. I'm just going to school then coming back home to my baby." I tried to explain but this is Kelly I'm talking to. She never do listen. "You can keep your outfit on. At least you're matching." I didn't put on anything when it came to my clothes. She stared me up and down again. "But that Carnegie gots to go."

"I hate the way my stomach looks."

"Girl, everyone knows you had a baby. Plus it's not that bad." I looked down at my stomach. "I look like I'm at least 5 months pregnant." She sighed. "Stop complaining. You're a pretty girl. Now come on we got to go."

I kissed Madison good bye. "I'll see you guys later." I walked out the door feeling sad and empty. I was going to miss my Mady while I was gone. "Kelly, I'm going to miss my baby."

"Girl you'll just be away from her for only 8 hours." To me it still felt like that was a long time. I just had to get used to being away from her. I know I would hate it once she start school. That shit would kill me.

*******

Once we got to school it felt so weird. I haven't stepped foot in this hallway in so long. Everyone just looked me up and down. I didn't care tho. People shouldn't think about judging me because I had a baby. Being a senior in high school and having a child was not easy. "Hey Lexus." I looked over to find Destiny. "I see you dropped your load. I'm next you know." She rubbed her stomach. "Well good luck with your baby." It wasn't no pressure there. So what her and Danny supposed to be having a baby. "I won't need it. I have my baby's daddy." She snickered.

"You know what bitch. You might just need the luck since Danny might leave you once he find out you aren't pregnant. Even if you are he would leave you once you go into labor." I can't believe I had said that but I had enough of her. She had been getting on my nerves since I was a freshman. "Whatever." She walked away. "Oh snap Bestfriend you to Turnt." I just ignored her little comment. "You go to class. I have to go get my schedule." I started to walk off. "Wait, I have your schedule right here. We have all the same classes." That meant I was going to have to deal with Kelly all four classes. I didn't mind since I had someone to talk too.

"Whatever happened to Chasity?" I asked all confused. "Oh nothing. She's still here. We have fourth period with her." It had been a minute since I talked to her. It seem like I haven't talked to a lot of people. Especially Danny. He never even came to see his own daughter.

"Welcome Back Alexis." Allan said. I waved and smiled. "I hope Madison likes her outfit." He said smiley back. "She does. Thank you very much."

"Um excuse me. I'm having a baby too. Can I get the same treatment?" Destiny shouted. Damn, Kelly didn't tell me she was in our class. "Your baby doesn't matter. You don't either." Destiny was loosing all her popularity since she got pregnant. Or supposed to be. All of her friends was backing off and now I knew she know how it feels. When I was pregnant I was the talk of the school but now it was her turn.

Now everybody was in my face asking about Madison. "This is not a nursery. Save that for your lunch period." Mrs. Addison said. She was our 12th grade English teacher. "Welcome back Alexis."

It felt good to be back but since everyone was asking about my baby I was starting to miss her. I pulled out my phone and looked at pictures of her. She looked just like me and I loved that.

We had to write a essay about how our break was. Since my break was longer than others my essay would be longer. All I could talk about in my essay was having a baby shower and going into labor. It was all worth it.

Once we got to lunch our whole crew was back at our original table. "There you are." I said to King who I haven't seen since I got here. "I know I felt like I haven't seen you." He reached in for a kiss." Everybody starting to Awww and clap. I smiled happily knowing I was no longer a nobody. The feeling was great.

I spotted Destiny at a near by table sitting with four girls. The look on her face was hilarious. I smiled and started a conversation with my crew. "I'm glad that I have friends as supportive as you guys. I'm even happy to be back at school."