Chapter 3: Stranger to Auradon

Heidi's POV

Kylie and I sitting on the bleachers near the tourney field with Henry in my lap catching up with each other. Ever since the curse has been broken over me Kylie and I have gotten closer than cousin, in fact I see Kylie more like a sister and we meet up once a week to talk and catch up with each other. "How is everything with Harry and you?" Kylie asks brushing her hair out of her face as she smile down at Henry. "Everything is slowly getting back to what it was like before the whole Hayden situation came about." I smile at Kylie with a look of relief on my face because all I have wanted as of late is for everything to be normal but then here in Auradon there is no such thing as a drama filled day.

"You two got home really late the other night." I give Kylie a look like I know what you are thinking and you shouldn't be. "It was nothing like that. Harry and I had to take Randy to hospital, it turns out that someone triggered the curse after Fairy Godmother destroyed it, and the person that came through the portal attacked Randy with a baseball bat." The emotions that come across my face tell Kylie exactly what I thinking. "You shouldn't feel guilty Heidi, you weren't in your right mind at the time." I sigh knowing that her along with everyone else including Harry said the same thing.

"The person that ended up here in Auradon is my responsibility, anything she does is on me because I was the one that triggered the spell in the first place." Kylie grabs my hand and makes me look at her. "Stop blaming yourself and focus on all the good things that are going on in your life, and like you would say enjoy the peace while it last." I start laughing hearing Kylie quote me to myself. "What is going on with you are your brother?" Kylie also sighs and I could see the sadness in her eyes.

"My father still refuses to tell me too much about him, and my meditation visions can only do too much." Kylie has been struggling with the fact that she has a brother that is slowly walking down the path of a villain, and there is nothing that anyone can do to help at the moment. "I am sure that when the time is right that you and your dad will be able to help Arroyo resist the urge of a life as a villain, in my experience I can say that the call of evil and darkness is more of a struggle for some than others." My words seem to upset Kylie more which was not what I wanted.

"Arroyo just has to be strong; evil seeks out those who have lost their way by promising them anything they want to hear." Kylie just nods her head and I hope that words brought some peace of mind for her because I know all to well how it feels to see someone you love get their mind twisted by evil. Kylie and I in the middle of talking when all of sudden someone walks out the forest catching the attention of both of us. "Who is she?" Kylie asks and I look closer at her and nothing comes to mind. "Don't have a clue, maybe she is another Isle refugee." The young woman looks around like she completely lost but a second later I spot the bat in her hand which sends me into shock.

"Kylie, you need to take Henry and run as fast as you can to get help." I say in a low tone of voice handing Henry to Kylie who has a confused look on her face. "What is going on Heidi?" I take a deep breath before looking away from the stranger to Kylie. "That girl is the traveler that came through the portal, and she is also the one that attacked Randy." Kylie looks from me too the stranger then back to me. "You are going take her on by yourself? No way am I going to allow you to put yourself in that kind of danger." I snarl angrily at her as I pull her to her feet.

"I need you to protect Henry and go get help, I can hold my own." The look on Kylie's face tells me that she doesn't like this plan at all but she also knows that it is our only choice at the moment. "I will hurry back as soon as I can." I nod my head as I watch Kylie hurry off with Henry and once she is safe enough way I turn around to come eyes to eyes with the young girl. "Why were you whispering?" She asks turning her head to side with a creepy smile on her face. "Excuse me but who are you?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest as I look up the young girl up and down.

"My name isn't important right now, but what is important is you telling me where I am." I take a deep breath getting my nervous under control. "You are in a place called Auradon, and from what a friend of mine told me I am going to take a guess here and say that your name is Hartley and you aren't from here." Hartley smiles turns into a death glare as she raises her bat to my face. "You talked to that strange Randy guy that I ran into." I take a step back nodding my head.

"He is a friend of mine, and I am just wondering why you attacked when he was just trying to help you?" Hartley lowers her bat but I still keep my guard up because I have funny feeling that she can't be trusted. "I panicked after he started asks me so many questions. Kind of like you are right now." Hartley growls at her as she quickly raises her bat and swings it at me. I bend backwards avoiding the bat before back cartwheeling and bring myself back to my feet. "Okay I am starting to think that you don't like personal questions." I say pulling out my two batons and turn them into a staff. "Since you don't want to try it my way which is the easy way then I guess we can try it the hard way which is your way." I spin the staff around before pointing it at her.