Chapter 10: Sundown

Heidi's POV

I look around at all the judgment faces as I get the feeling that we are on trial. "Where is Auradon planning on sending those who break the sacred laws of Auradon?" Gavin asks trying to be intimidating but the looks in his eyes show a different story a more deceitful story. Mal takes a deep breath and I have no idea what she is going to say because as far as I know there are no plans for such a thing. "The Auradon council is still in discussion of that, but as of right now it is looking like that we are going to be turning the Isle of the doomed into the new home for those criminals who breaks the laws of Auradon." Everyone on the council on villains starts yelling at each other as me along with the rest former residents of the Isle start talking at Mal,

 "Why would Ben allow that?" Evie asks as the look of betrayal flashes across her face. Mal sighs as she turns to face us, "It is not set in stone, but some of the council members are putting a lot of pressure on Ben on the safety of the people now that the Isle is free and magic has returned here." I look over at Carlos who has a look on his face like he is going to be sick. "I can't imagine this actually happening." I say feeling hurt that Ben would ever think about creating another Isle after everything that has happened over the last couple of years. "What is the plan for the heroes who break the laws in Auradon?" Asks a devilish Harrison getting the attention of Mal and the rest of us.

"I know from personal experience that King Ben listens to his heart and his people." I say standing up for now just for Ben but for all of Auradon. "We demand that King Ben be fair and just rather it be a hero or a villain, the punishment should fit the crime!" Yells an explosive Quinn which just go to show you that the bad apple doesn't fall far from the villain tree. "I have known King Ben for years now and I can assure you that the people of the Isle will never be treated like our parents and we were as kids while under the rule of King Beast, and everyone will be treated fairly." Evie says with a deep passion in her voice and her promise seems to reassure some of the members of the council.

"Why hasn't King Ben announced that the Isle is an official kingdom in the United States of Auradon?" The callous and vain voice of Anthony asks with a regal and dark smile on his face. "Things are slow right now but they are getting there, Ben is fighting every day for Isle, and myself along with former residents of the place are changing more and more minds and hearts to the fact that villains are no different from heroes." I smile at Mal but I can see on her face that all these questions are starting to overwhelm her. "What about the Isle's future offspring?" I turn to the voice that I know better than my own, it is the mysterious yet extremely laid-back voice of Hayden.

"Ben holds no grudges, he proved that with our generation and he will not hold a grudge against the future kids of the Isle of Villains." Hayden rolls her eyes with a spiteful look on her face. "Some people in Auradon say that since my son Henry was born from two villain parents that we will turn out like us, but Ben always says that everyone makes their own choices and that is why the peace between the Isle and Auradon is so important to all of us. Ben is the king of Auradon and king of the Isle which shows the next generation that anything is possible, even heroes and villains living together." I say but Hayden doesn't look impressed as a loud and thunder type voice yells,

"KING BARF BAG IS NOW THE RULER HERE, HE HAS NO AUTHORITY HERE!" Yells the voice of Ura who stares down at us with a sparkle of psychotic on his eyes. "THAT IS ENOUGH!" Chris roars as everyone once again so silent, "The residents of Auradon have been more than cooperative with our line of questioning." My ears suddenly perk up as I hear the small sound of what I believe is the sound of a raven, and when I start looking around I can just make out the silhouette of a small raven perched on top of Chris's chair.

"You are more than welcome to do what you need to do, but with that said I must also tell you that you have till sundown to leave, after that is not our fault as to what happens to you." Chris stands us as does the other nine members of the council before leaving and vanishing behind their doors. "We all meet at the bridge in one hour, I have a bad feeling of what this place is like at nighttime." I along with everyone one else nods our heads when suddenly everything goes black around me.

I wake up with a jolt to discover that I am right back in front of my father's store. "They sure want to keep that frozen citadel a secret." I say with a groan as someone comes up from behind me and helps me to my feet. "Easy there squirt, no need to go all Underworld on your big brother." Hadie says with a smile on his face then looks up at the sign. "Your going there too I assume?" I nod my head as the both of us sigh and start in direction of where we used to call home. 

Chris's POV

I enter my home and loose control of my anger destroying everything in sight. "I WANT WHAT WAS PROMISED TO ME! IT WAS MY DESTINY TO REWRITE THE HISTORY OF THIS PATHETIC WORLD AND LET THE TRUE STORIES BE TOLD WHERE THE VILLAINS TRIUMPH OVER THE FALLEN STOMACH ACHING HEROES!" I scream and roar at the top of my lungs as my dark magic is released. "Will you calm down; you are going to destroy your father's beautiful castle." Says a voice from behind me. I slowly turn around to see a woman who is wearing a black hooded rode with a red outline, a gold belt around the waist, and over their face is an orange full face venetian masquerade mask with a purple design.

"Leave me alone, I am not in the mood for your nonsense right now Davina!" I yell at her but she just shrugs and makes her way further into the room. "I bring some news that might cheer you up." I roll my eyes opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. "Unless the news is that Ben is dead I don't want to hear about it." I growl taking a drink of my water. "I bring a message from your mother." I suddenly drop my bottle of water and quickly turn around. "My mother? She is finally here?" I ask kneeling in front of Davina who nods her head. "She is not here in person at the moment but she is here in way of a vessel, and the end of this world is coming soon." I start laughing as excitement boils inside of me at the thought of seeing my mother after all this time. 

"Where is she? I want to see her Davina." The young woman shakes her head which replaces my excitement with anger. "Everything takes time Chris, and for this plan to work everything needs to be place at the right time. One wrong move and your mother along with everything that Quinn and her failure group, Sienna and her epic downfall, and of course you and your curse have done will all be for nothing." I sigh inclining my head as I stand back up to my feet. "Did you learn the the location of golden mirror from the son of Yen Sid before he escaped?" Davina asks and I smile a very dark smile nodding my head.

"It was difficult but after my associates talked to him he told me; the mirror is on its way to Auradon but unfortunately it is under a powerful cloaking spell that can only be broken by the sorcerer who cast the spell." Davina growls as I can hear the frustration in her voice. "The sorcerer that casted the spell might be out of our reach but his son is said to be arriving in Auradon soon." The smile on my face gets bigger upon hearing this news. "Then all is not lost?" Davina shakes her head before shifting her head to the open window,

"Your mother needs me to return, but I swear to you Chris the next time you see me will be when your mother arrives to the Isle of Villains." Davina bows to me before waving her hands over herself turning herself into a raven and flying out the window. "Like father like daughter." I say with a laugh closing the window and start getting back to work on my mother's plan.