Steven × Human Reader

Y/n's POV

     Steven and I have been dating for the past year. Ever since then I have gotten to know the gems really well. I knew them very well before but dating Steven has definitely helped them open up to me more. They even let me start going on missions with them but, I'm not allowed to leave Stevens side if I do. I'm not complaining about that though, especially since some of these missions are very dangerous. Pearl has taught me how to use a sword so at least I can slightly protect myself.

      Currently me, Steven, and the gems are all playing hide and seek. We had nothing to do today so why not have some fun. We can only hide in the house since it would be harder if the outside was available. No leaving the house, no warping somewhere, no changing your size, and no going into the gem rooms. When caught you were to go sit on Stevens bed. I don't know where the rest of the gems are but I'm currently hiding in Steven's plants. He had some on the floor under a table so I squeezed myself behind them. I'm pretty hidden so I don't think he will find me.

      10 minutes have gone by, or at least that's how long it has felt like. I have been laying here for a while and I'm lowkey getting uncomfortable. No one has came up here since the round started. Then I heard the doors open, I definitely jinxed myself.

     "Ruby, Pearl, Y/n. I know one of you are in here. I already found Sapphire and Amethyst." I heard Steven say. I could see him a little bit in between the leaves of the plants. "Y/n I know you are here somewhere. I can smell you. Wait, that sounded creepy. I'm sorry about that." I let out a small and short laugh. I covered my mouth instantly hoping that he didn't hear me. He looked towards my hiding spot but not directly at me. "Oh so you're over here." He said walking closer to me. I rolled my eyes at how stupid I was but tried to stay as still as I could.

Stevens POV

     I can see her jacket poking out a bit from behind the leaves. It's pretty obvious. I can also slightly see her face. It's pretty cute that she's trying so hard to stay so still and quiet. I laughed and shook my head as I walked up to the table. I looked at the plants on the table and examined their leaves. I kept swinging my one foot close to her face to mess with her. I then got an idea. "I just remembered that there is one more muffin downstairs. I know you called it already but since you aren't coming out I guess I have to-" I said walking away.

     "Don't you dare touch my muffin!" Y/n yelled, cutting me off, as she ran and jumped on my back. We both started laughing.

     "I knew that would get you to come out." I laughed as I held onto her legs. She hit my head as I opened the door as she let out a huff of annoyance.

     "You're a bully. My spot was great." She pouted as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

     "It would have been if I couldn't see your face or your jacket." I said laughing at her. She groaned as I headed down the stairs to my room. She rested her head in my hair in annoyance.

     "I need a better hiding spot." She said but she was muffled by my hair. I opened the door to my room, catching Sapphire and Amethysts attention.

     "So you found her." Sapphire said.

     "She looks dead. What did you do to her?" Amethyst asked laughing.

     "I told her that I could see her from her hiding spot. She wasn't very happy about it." I said as I plopped her down onto my bed. She laid on her back and groaned.

     "Take your time while finding the other two. I need to think of a better hiding spot." She said sitting up. I walked downstairs to look for the other two.

~Time skip to after he finds Ruby and Pearl~

       "So Sapphire you will be the next seeker since I found you first. You can't use future vision to find us." I explained to her.