Steven × Human Reader

Y/n's POV

     "Steven, are you sure about this?" I asked him as we continued to walk. Steven was supposed to go out searching for a corrupted gem and he wanted me to come with him.

     "I'm sure. You have been training so much, you have to put it to use." Steven smiled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

     "But what if I forget?" I asked.

     "You won't, stop being so nervous. And if you do, I'll be their to protect you." Steven said and then pulled me in for a side hug as we continued to walk.

     "Okay, I guess I'll be fine." I gave him a small smile.

     "That's the smile I was looking for." He said with an even bigger smile than mine. His smile is pretty contagious cause mine grew bigger just by seeing his.

     We arrived to the area we were supposed to be searching. We weren't dumb so we stuck together instead of splitting up. It definitely took longer than we expected to find the gem. To be honest, it's scared the living shit out of us. We were having a normal civilized conversation when a very loud roar came from behind us, making us both jump. As I grabbed my sword and we both got into battle stances, it charged at us. We were doing so well at first. Steven blocking whenever he needed to. Me slashing the gem whenever needed. It was all good. That was until Steven tripped while being chased by the gem. He was able to pull his shield out and put it above him as the gem tried to crush him. I was about to run and help him when another corrupted gem came out of no where and instantly started charging at me.

     "I'll be fine, protect yourself!" He yelled to me. I hesitated a bit before turning to the new gem running at me. I was doing so well fighting it, until it's horn caught with my sword and flung it across the field. My hands hurt like hell now, I even have a few cuts now from it. I had no idea where it landed so that was a lost cause. I slowly backed away from the gem as it slowly walked towards me. It was a good distance away so I wasn't that scared. That was, until it started charging at me.

Steven's POV

     I was trying my best to keep watch over Y/n and not get crushed by this gem. Y/n really was doing well until she lost her sword. Seeing that gem charge at her while she was defenceless emerged this new strength in me. Within Seconds I was glowing pink and I pushed the gem on top of me off and into a rock. It poofed instantly. I then ran at the gem charging at Y/n. As I did, I realized that everything around me was going in slow motion. I would have been more interested in it if I wasn't trying to save my girlfriend. I pulled my shield out when I stopped running and the gem ran right into my shield, the impact poofing it. I breathed heavily as I stared at its gem on the ground.

     "Oh. My. God!" I heard Y/n shriek from behind me. I stopped glowing pink as I ran to her.

     "Are you okay? You have really deep cuts in your palms. Do you want me to heal them?" I asked her frantically as I held her hands in mine.

     "Kiss the back of my hands, I don't want you kissing my blood. That's really gross." She cringed as she flipped her hands over for me to kiss. I did so and let out a sigh of relief when her hands healed. "Now back to you. YOU WERE PINK! Was that your diamond powers coming out? If so, that was so cool. At one point your were over there being attacked by a gem and then you were in front of me and poofed that gem. Did you already poof the other one?" Her fangirling over me kinda made me blush as I rubbed the back of my neck.

     "I guess it was my diamond powers. It was kinda cool, everything was going in slow motion as I ran. And yeah I did already poof the other one. Stay right here while I bubble them." I said and then walked to the other two gems.