e l e v e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

e l e v e n

Adah doesn't know where they are going, but the smell of blood in the air directs them all. Her form bounds hard and fast, in calculated long streaks. Uriah is to her right, and Jayden to her left.

They run for a good few minutes, past deep into the west of the woods, until they stumble across a clearing – the edge of the border, where the guards where meant to be retrieving the wolves coming in from the other pack.

A few other wolves are present, loitering around. These were guard wolves from this pack, and they were skimming the threshold in human form, eyes wide and skin sickly pale.

Adah looks forward, at the gory sight before her. Uriah and Jayden shift. Adah stills in her current form, eyes gazing before her. Her paws dig into the dirt ground. 

The floor is caked with blood, the red liquid pooling. There are at least six bodies - that's how many heads she counted. Four of them had shifted into their wolves, and two didn't. She could see their dismembered pieces all over, some caught along the hooks of branches in the trees, and others splayed out into the floor. It brings bile to her throat. They were viciously pulled apart roughly, into small pieces.

The King stood to the left. He was in his human form, naked, his body also caked in dirt and blood. His eyes are almost white, his jaw clenched. His entire form is tremoring from waves of hot anger. His canines have protruded all the way, and his face holds a deep, dark primal and almost hungry expression. His fury is felt from miles away, his voice releasing deep snarls. 

His hands hold the dead head of a wolf, before his fingers claw the hinge of the jaw split open, continuing to the tear the flesh all the way down, splitting it in half until the pieces are thrown somewhere.

An unearthly roar escapes from the base of his throat. Its as if he is feeding from it, his power emulsifying from the act of killing in the name of justice.

Adah's head dips to her paws. She could not look anymore without feeling the urge to vomit. Even Uriah and Jayden falter in their movements. She had seen Alpha's kill other wolves before. But none of them had ever make a wreck of the bodies as the King had, none of them had killed sadistically as this. All killings were cleanly done, an unspoken rule. Death was the greatest punishment.

The King didn't seem to think so. Or rather his wolf didn't think so.

A man more wolf than male. She could see it now.

This was the same male that cooked her pasta last night. The same male that said she was doing well. This was her mate. 

"Uriah, what are they doing?" Jayden's soft voice causes her head to snap up, directed to the group of guard wolves from her pack. They had shifted, and she could tell by their stance, it was an attempt to put down the King, and stop him from massacring anything else.

"No," is all Uriah mumbles, clearly knowing it's a mistake and that he didn't want any more lives lost. He shifts and hurls his form at the wolves before they collide with the King. Jayden follows swiftly after.

They're a tad too late, one wolf has already pounced on the King. The King isn't happy, another guttural roar released from him. It has an ounce of pain – he's hurt that his own wolves would turn, especially after what he did – in his eyes- was a form of justice for the guards that those wolves killed. 

The pain is replaced by anger easily, and the wolf is knocked off with one blow. It now stumbles with a yelp, backing away into a tree. Micajah approaches it, now not seeing clearly with this veil of rage over him.

Adah doesn't even hesitate. The bond had formed – her wolf knew she was a Luna to these wolves. She had to protect them.

A swift pounce, and she's managed to tackle him to the floor, the bond ensuring her strength is as his. He struggles, but her paw swipes, clawing his right cheek and drawing blood. She snarls, telling him to back off. He is still blinded, and his form shifts into his wolf, throwing Adah off in the process.

His wolf was majestic, with a coat of dark black fur, glossy under the light. The primitive look in his eyes bring Adah back to reality, and she quickly shuffles onto her feet. Though his form was bigger. Adah's strength was always with agility, and she knew that.

Uriah and Jayden put down the other wolves, getting them to calm down and back off. Adah faces the King head on. It's a game of cat and mouse – he gets a few hits in, and so does she. It's only when his teeth unintentionally sink hard and deep into her belly, the softest part of a wolf, and she yelps out loud in pain. His canines were long and sharp, and they felt like two knives. 

It's the noise her wolf makes, that makes the rage leave, that sets his vision straight.

Her bones crack as she shifts into her human self, form curling over herself. Her hand is unconsciously pressed against her stomach, against the deep bite mark that pools blood, setting pressure.

Uriah's and Jayden's head turn protectively towards their Queen, putting the last of the wolves down and heading straight for her. It isn't needed, because the King has finally come to his senses, his wolf in mourning that he hurt his mate.

He shifts immediately into his human form, his eyes wide and ashen as they fall onto Adah, her hand now coated with the blood oozing from her stomach. He's momentarily frozen, the wolf within him shocked. How could he do this? He hurt the being he promised to protect.

He heads for Adah, fingertips coming to push her curls away from her forehead. His heart is numb, the bond punishing him. Her hand comes up, fingertips telling him no.

"Don't touch me. I can't. Not right now. Look at what you did," her tone is soft, wavering, and her eyes look around them, at the pieces of flesh strewn everywhere, at the wolves from this pack who had to be put down in the process.

He halts right there, his heart sinking into his stomach. He doesn't care in this moment, but he doesn't tell her that. He only cares for the fact that he hurt her. 

Her eyes can't even look at him, the dark swirling with a mixture of things. None good. 

Uriah and Jayden near her, Jayden slipping over a hoodie and boxers over Adah, before rolling up the material so Uriah can have a narrowed look at the bite mark sinking deep into the flesh of her stomach. He ties a scrap of material tightly around it, to place pressure, before scooping her up and leaving without a word.

Jayden stays behind, helping the wolves from their pack. Very few are injured thankfully. Jayden wouldn't even bring his eyes to Micajah.

Micajah looks around, and only then he cares. Shame settles deep in his stomach. Was this who he was? Would a King do this, be such a savage, jeopardise his own wolves and hurt his Queen? His mother wouldn't be happy.

He hates himself a little more.

His form shifts again, before bounding out of sight from the pack, away in solitude so he couldn't hurt anyone else anymore. 

A/N - thoughts?