s i x t e e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

s i x t e e n 

The hall set up was quite nice – Adah had never really been in here often throughout her lifetime here. She was the gamma's daughter, so she and her family were always invited to the monthly big events that would happen here, but she always ditched. She never really left the safety of her room when she was here, and that was why it took her and Alpha Rehan so long to find each other.

When he did find her, in his mind, he saw someone who was lazy, incompetent and arrogant. Adah never involved herself within the pack, so that was what he had concluded from the gamma's daughter. He thought that she thought she was too good for the pack.

That wasn't the case at all. Adah didn't think she was too good for the pack, she just couldn't stand the idea of putting herself out there. It was crippling to even think about. She could never explain why she wanted to stay out of the large crowds, out of the spotlight.

No one would ever get that. Not even her family ever did.

That misconception of who Adah was, and alongside the fact that Alpha Renan was sleeping with the prior beta's daughter - Ella - lead to Adah being rejected immediately. On the spot. In front of the entire pack.

Adah didn't say a word to him when it happened. She knew from right then, if that is what he thought about her, and he didn't try getting to know her before coming to that conclusion, she didn't want him. She refused to get hurt from such an action, instead her heart turned numb and her wolf turned silent. He banned her from the pack after not getting a wild reaction from her, his ego getting the better of him. She simply turned around to get to her house to pack her belongings, and had taken off.

She dwells on it at this moment.

The way she was got her rejected by an Alpha, but chosen by a King. What the fuck did that mean?

"Adah? Are you okay my love?" velvet touches the tips of her ear, and she halts whilst walking, head craning upwards. Micajah's hand was still on the small of her back, but he was pressed much closer, the silver in his eyes tinted with concern.

"Yes. I was just-," she takes a deep breath, before shaking her head, indicating it was nothing. Micajah's brows furrow, but he doesn't push it, letting her stay in her own head a little longer.

The next hour or so fell past in a blur. She and Micajah initially stayed together. Micajah didn't do much of the speaking, he stayed closed with Adah. His wolf was drunk with being her presence so much, especially after not have seeing much of her last week, which was a good thing. It meant nothing could go out of hand. Adah greeted so many Luna's and Alpha's from other packs, engaging with small talk.

Thankfully, the meetings moved so swiftly, she didn't have time to freak out about meeting new people. She literally just had to go with the flow and that was it. It helped that Micajah was there, placing small kisses on her bare back, or playing with her fingers. It eased her.

She made sure her form was relaxed, open and welcoming. She had to make a good impression, and most of her interactions with other rulers, went well. Micajah stood there with a smile, his form not tensed and relaxed. If anything, his fawning over Adah made him seem more normal, more human, just like a regular mate.

Most of all the Luna's and the Alpha's had approached both the King and Queen. One or two didn't at all, but Adah didn't hold it against them. However, there were only about eight pack rulers present – it wasn't a large gathering, meaning that although most people here seemed to be okay with them, it wasn't reflective of the entire country.

The few members present from her old pack didn't approach her at all. Some approached the King, most didn't.

After a while, they had split. All the Alpha's were grouping to talk together as men, and the same with the Luna's. Micajah went with the Alpha's, alongside Jayden and Uriah. Adah lingered with the Luna's, this time making sure her attention were focused on conversations, and was actively engaging in them.

She kept an eye on Micajah though. He wasn't bubbly, or as actively conversing as a few other males. He was more reserved, but he didn't look intimidating, His features were stoic, but relaxed, and his eyes were calm. His demeanour was good.

Their eyes meet, and Adah smiles. His lips curve back.

So far, the night was going okay. Apart from the fact that Alpha Rehan hadn't let his eyes go from Adah at all, which she found very disrespectful considering she was mated, and so was he, but she let it go. She ignored him completely. Adah also spotted glimpses of her family, and the newly appointed gamma – her older brother. She ignored them too for the moment.

"Queen Adah?" her head turns to the voice, and to her glee it's Luna Mariah.

Adah gives her a genuine warm smile. Luna Mariah looked as gorgeous as ever, but now she didn't have a huge baby bump, instead it was replaced by the small pup sleeping in her arms. Adah's features soften immediately.

"His name is Marcus," Luna Mariah smiles, letting Adah hold him. Adah has fallen in love with this pup. She's cooing at him, with a smile on her face. She's so drawn to the pup, that she doesn't realise the silver eyes are watching her curiously here too.

"He's beautiful," she says, giving the Luna her baby boy back. The two talk for a little while, Luna Mariah making sure Adah was fine – Mariah was once a Luna to Adah which meant her wolf did care for Adah, even if it was a very short time.

After a little while, dinner was served. That made Adah happy. Food always did. She sat with Micajah, Uriah and Jayden. No one else was on their table, which made her feel a little relived. She could eat in peace, and just enjoy her food without the exhaustion of making small talk.

Her happiness is short lived when Alpha Rehan sits down with Luna Ella, out of courtesy – after all they were the hosts. Micajah almost snarls, but Adah places her hand on his thigh, her dark eyes glittering with a message. He just sighs deeply, putting an arm around her chair and inching as close as he could.

The dinner was pretty awkward, as expected. Micajah didn't say a word throughout. When dinner had finished, Alpha Renan asked to speak to Adah alone. Adah stood up, smoothing her dress and leant down and kissed the King's cheek. Micajah just smirked at the Alpha.

He knew Adah was his, and he knew Adah could hold her own. 

A/N - is this dragging on? i feel like it kinda is. let me know.