Chapter 1: The Ten Rings

Alex POV

"Alex. Alex! ALEX!"

I wake up feeling pain everywhere in my body. There was something attached to my nose. I quickly pulled it out from shock. I look around and it seems like I'm in a cave. It was dark so I wasn't able to see much. I try to stand up but something stopped me from leaving the bed.

???: "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I looked over and saw a monkey faunus who was washing his hands. I wondered why he said that until I noticed wires attached to my chest. I followed the wires and I saw that the wires were attached to a car battery. I looked at my chest and saw it was covered in bandages. I quickly ripped them off and when the last bandage was removed, I saw metal attached to my chest.

Alex: "What is that?!"

The faunus walked over to me and helped me sit up.

???: "Just relax"

Alex: "What happened? Why am I here? What is this thing."

???: "What's the last thing you remember?"

Flashback

Alex and Howard Stark were on a dessert presenting their latest weapon. Alex was watching from a distance while Howard was with General Ironwood, Winter and other Atlas military people.

Howard: "This is the first missile system to ever incorporate our repulser technology and combining it with Dust. An idea that my son had. Now for the presentation, please."

Howard gave a hand signal to one of his assistants to fire the missile. The gigantic rockets moved and aimed at a near by mountain. As it locked on its target, it fired a missile. The rocket broke of into dozens of smaller missiles and traveled faster than before.

Howard: "We call this particular missile, the Jericho"

The missiles hit the mountain causing an explosion that was bigger than a regular nuke can make. The soldiers looked amazed and even Ironwood and Winter were shocked.

After the presentation, Alex and Howard were escorted to military grade vehicles. Ironwood pulled Howard out for a while to talk. While Howard and Ironwood were talking, Alex saw an old friend, Weiss Schnee. The heiress to the Schnee Dust Company.

Alex: "Well, well, well. I'm surprised you showed up."

Weiss: "I wanted to see how your doing and what you helped build. And I have to say, you exceeded my expectations."

Howard: "Alex, we're going now!"

Alex: "I gotta go, see ya."

Weiss: "Could I come?"

Alex: "I'm sorry, this is the funvee. And besides, your taking the air ship back to Atlas."

Weiss: "Alright fine. I'll see you back in Atlas alright."

Alex: "See ya."

While on the trip, Howard and Alex had time to talk about things.

Howard: "I'm proud of you. Your idea of combining repulser technology and Dust is incredible."

Alex: "Thanks Dad."

Howard: "She would have been happy too you know.

Alex: "I know."

Before they could talk any further, the soldier in front of them spoke up.

Soldier: "Excuse me, Mr. Stark? It it okay if I take a picture with you and your son?