Chapter 3: Test Flight

Alex POV

Me and Weiss arrive at my house by the ocean. Klein looks at me and Weiss and I say

Alex: "Thanks Klein. I can't thank you enough."

Klein: "No problem Mr. Stark."

I exit the car with Weiss only for photographers, journalists, and reporters at my door.

Reporter: "Mr. Stark, what happened to you when you disappeared?!"

Alex: "No comment."

Alex and Weiss enter through the door and a voice could be heard.

JARVIS: "Welcome home sir."

Alex: "Good to be home. JARVIS, could you prep my work station, I'm gonna be there for a while."

JARVIS: "Shall I contact Ms. Potts?"

Alex: "Yes, send a message telling her that she'll be running Stark Industries for now. I'm not ready yet."

JARVIS: "As you wish sir."

Alex heads downstairs and Weiss follows him. He sits on a table and begins working.

Weiss: "Alex, my father allowed me to stay with you for a few days."

Alex: "Really? That's great!"

Weiss: "What are you doing?"

Alex: "I'm building a miniaturized
Arc-Reactor."

Weiss: "Why?"

Alex: "Well.."

I told Weiss everything that happened to me for the past 3 months. I told her about Yensen and why I have shrapnel in my chest.

Weiss: "Why didn't you go to a doctor after arriving in Atlas?"

Alex: "Because no one ever made a miniaturized Arc-Reactor and if I went to the doctor, they'd know what it is and people could weaponize it."

Weiss: "I never thought of that. So what will you do?"

Alex: "First, I'm building an improved Arc-Reactor. And I may need assistance installing it."

Weiss: "I have a bad feeling about this."

Weiss helped me with a few parts of the Arc-Reactor. I flipped a switch and the Arc-Reactor powered on.

Once the chest piece was powered on, I asked JARVIS to prepare a heart monitor and Weiss looked confused

Alex: "Alright, now here's the part I need you for."

Weiss: "Alright, it can't be so bad."

I removed my shirt and connected my chest to the heart monitor. Weiss looked scared, like she was watching a horror movie.