Chapter 18: Aftermath

Alex's POV

I slowly open my eyes. I was lying on a hospital bed inside my house in Vale. I looked over to my side to see Weiss sleeping by me side, holding my hand. I look at my chest and see my Arc-Reactor was a bit damaged but still functional. I tap on Weiss's head softly to wake her up.

Alex: "Mornin sleepy head."

Weiss: "You're awake."

Weiss hugs me tightly and I hug her back. I sat up on my bed looked around for Neo.

Alex: "Where's Neo?"

Weiss: "She's in her room."

Alex: "Where's Ruby and the others?"

Weiss: "Ruby and Yang went back to their father. Blake disappeared. Azari went back to Wakanda to see his family. Laura went back to Menagerie."

Alex: "Were there any casualties?"

Weiss looked at me with a sad expression. She held my hand and tears ran down her face.

Weiss: "Pyrrha, and Penny. They didn't make it."

Weiss started crying so I hugged her to comfort her. Pyrrha, and Penny died? Their gonna pay for this.

Alex: "It's okay."

After a few minutes after our conversation, I was getting my things from my room because I was supposed to go back to Atlas with Weiss. I went over to my computer to download all the data I made back at Beacon.

Neo: "Alex, I wanna talk to you about something."

Alex: "What is it?"

Neo: "Ruby, Jaune and the others are gonna be going to Haven. I wanna come too."

Alex: "Neo, why would you wanna go to Haven?"

Neo: "It's just, I can't help but feel guilty about what happened. I should have known about the attack but I didn't, and now a lit of people got hurt or killed."

Alex: "Neo this isn't your fault. But if you feel that going to Haven with Ruby is right, then you should go. I would have come with you but someone has to go back."

Neo: "Thank you Alex."

Me and Neo hug for a while than we say our goodbyes. She walks off to Ruby's house to meet with her. I download Jarvis to my flash-drive and head to my car. Me and Weiss drove to the nearest airship so we could head back to Atlas. When I got back to Atlas, I was taken back to my house. When I got there, Pepper was waiting for me.

Pepper: "Hello Alex, I'm glad you're okay."

Alex: "Thanks Pepper."

I bring my things to my room and head to the basement where my old workshop was. After what happened at Beacon, I have to be prepared for anything. This will happen again and this time,
Iron-Man will stop them.