Chapter 9: Taking a Break

Alex POV

I little girl with pink and brown hair walks up to me while I'm working on my latest project.

Neo: "Big brother, can you help me with something?"

Alex: "Alright Neo. What do you need help with?"

Neo pulls out a drawing of me, her, dad and mom. She also pulls out crayons and says.

Neo: "I don't know which colors to use. Can you help me finish my drawing?"

Alex: "Okay my little Ice Cream Sundae."

Neo: "Hey! You promised me you wouldn't call me that?!"

Alex: "Hehe, sorry."

"Alex, Alex, ALEX!"

I wake up from my dream on a desk in class. Professor Goodwitch had Pyrrha fight against another team. By the looks of it, Pyrrha won. Weiss was beside me looking worried.

Weiss: "Are you okay? You seemed different ever since the night you saw your sister."

Alex: "It's nothing. I'm just tired."

Classes ended and I wasn't in the mood to really socialize with anyone after what I saw last night. I walked with my team until we reached outside of the building.

Alex: "Hey guys, I'm gonna go work on something. See ya later."

Weiss: "Alex, you've been avoiding us all day. Even last night when we got back, you wouldn't leave your workshop. What's going on."

Alex: "Nothing is going on."

I leave them behind in the hallway. I headed to my workshop to look for Neo. She's out there and I need to find her. No matter what.

Weiss POV

We went back to our dorm room without Alex. We ended up trying to convince Blake to go to the dance but she just left us. Things are going really bad.

Yang: "Great. Blake left."

Ruby: "I hope she's okay."

Weiss: "She isn't the only one who's been like this. Alex hasn't been paying attention in class, he has mood swings. And worst of all, he never sleeps. At least Blake sleeps a little but Alex hasn't slept a second."

Ruby: "Your right. Those two need a break."

Weiss: "I'm gonna go to Alex's workshop. I'll check if he's okay. Maybe even convince him to sleep."

Yang: "Good idea."

I stand up and walk out of the room. Alex has been my friend for my whole life. Seeing him like this just hurts me. I make my way to his workshop and when I get there, I knock on the door.

Weiss: "Hey Alex, it's Weiss. I didn't mean to bother you but I need to talk to you."

There wasn't a response from the door. I knock again trying to ask if he can open the door. After a few minutes, I turn the knob of the door and it was unlocked. I enter his workshop to find no one inside. Where could he have gone to. I check his computer and there are coordinates for a location in Vale.

Weiss: "Who are you looking for?"

I fiddle with the computer to find out who he was looking for. A picture pops up on the computer and I was shocked to say the least. It was that girl who was with Tourchwick. But she looked younger.

 But she looked younger