Chapter 16: Raising Suspission

Alex's POV

I was waiting outside Team RWBY's dorm room. They were having a talk with General Ironwood about what happened yesterday. Yang punched Mercury and broke his leg. After a few more minutes of waiting, General Ironwood left the room.

Ironwood: "Oh Alex, you're here."

Alex: "Of course I'm here."

I walked passed Ironwood and entered the room seeing Weiss, Yang, Blake, and Ruby sitting in their beds.

Alex: "Mind if I join?"

Ruby: "It's fine."

I grab a near by chair and sit in front of the team. I look at Yang and seemed she was guilty about what happened.

Yang: "You guys believe me right?"

Ruby: "Duh?!"

Alex: "What kind of a question is that?"

Weiss: "You're hotheaded but not ruthless."

We all stared at Blake who still didn't answer Yang's question. I was worried about what she would say.

Yang: "Blake?"

Blake: "I want to believe you."

Weiss: "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Yang: "Blake?"

Tears begin to flow down Yangs face. Blake looks down at the floor while we look at her questioning what she just said.

Weiss: "How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us."

Blake: "I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual. Decisions that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents, then it was self defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just so familiar."

Blake turns her head to face Yang who was crying.

Blake: "But you're not him. You've never done something like this before. So I want to trust you, I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did."

We all look at Yang who wiped the tears on her face. She turned to face Blake and said.

Yang: "I saw him attack me so I attacked back."

Blake closed her eyes and smiled. She looked up at us and said.

Blake: "Okay, thank you."

Yang: "I think I'm gonna rest up."

Blake: "We'll get out of your hair."

Me, Ruby, Weiss, and Blake stand up and walk out of the room to give Yang some space to think.

Weiss: "This is a mess."

Alex: "A mess is an understatement."

Jaune: "Is she doing okay?"

We turned to see Team JNPR in their dorm room. They looked worried for Yang and that was understandable.

Blake: "She's doing the best she can."

Ruby: "I heard they rushed Mercury to be with his family in Haven. So until they land, no one can really question him about what happened."

Ren: "If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask."

Ruby: "Alright then, if that's the case. Pyrrha, be sure to win one for Beacon okay!"

Weiss: "It's what Yang would want."