chapter 17

Song: Empathy--------Ycee

Leonard pov.

Hate, how do you define hate?

Some people just hate for no reason, I cannot tell if it there purpose in life, but for me, hate means to completely despise someone or something, I hated Greg for so many reasons.

If he did not fake his death then maybe just maybe I wouldn't be here having constant panic attacks that something will happen today or the next, he made me go through hell just for what because he claims that if he did not do what he did then mom and dad will not be showering me with love.

Heck, I would have gotten use to it by now, broken but I would have gotten use to it, at least mom feed me when I was kid, little but she made sure I had something in my stomach but Jerrod never cared.

They said when the devil want to get you, he befriend you, and that the exact thing Jerrod did.. Making me believe I was in a safe place, making me believe I was home, making me believe that we were was paradise.

I blame it all on Greg

"Hey." Joshua said seating beside me in the pavement outside the house

"Morning." I greeted as he nodded hum, I sighed clearly frustrated at the situation Jerrod as put me in.

Asshole!

I bet he was joking seeing me suffer, he gave me two choices. Either I come to him or he comes to me.

Still I stubbornly refused; if I see him I could attack him with a clear head, which was a bad start because Jerrod always calculated his opponents before attacking.

"So, you are still angry with Greg" I did not see his statement as a question because he knew the answer.

I did not utter a word then he sighed,

"Come with me," he said making me frown a little but he rolled his eyes as he drag me to stand up to which I complied.

"Where are we going?" I suddenly asked as I stood close to the passenger door while he went over to the driver's door, opening it, I sighed and got in.

"Where are..." He interrupted me

"Somewhere" was all he said as he started the engine of the car..

After a moment of silence studying the environment, it was done on me that this was the root to his house...

However, why?

I frowned as I shoot him a glare making he park the car in the exact spot I did when I drop Greg.

We got down and my frown deepened

"Joshua"

"Come with me" he said smirking making me frown

But I trailed off behind him, he stop at the front door stop and took out a bunch of keys before unlocking the door.

Upon entering inside I was met with darkness, he sighed as the light went on, my eyes adjusted to the brightness but still I glared at Joshua as he dragged my hands leading me upstairs while he chuckled.

Why on Earth would they put this much brightness!

After some minutes we got to a room, he unlocked it and we got in.

The light went on, making me to close my eyes at the sudden brightness.

What with the brightness, maybe is just my eye, maybe they were black, I walked towards the near mirror to glance through it, my eyes were dark blue, the darkness was hovering around it