chapter 38

Jerrod pov.

"I said no!" Arica yelled coming out of her room like the mad and brave girl she was.

Pathetic much?.

Yeah I guess I am and I deserve it.

"Babe please all you need do is to come with me, please?" Harvey pleaded following her from behind with a puppy eyes.

"Harvey I hate hospital..." She glance at me before sighing " I do not want to go" she screamed her hands on equilibrium to her face.

I bet you, I was the main reason she hated hospitals.

"Babe, you will be fine it is just a regular check-up" he tried to make her see the reasons.

"I told Harvey, I'm not birthing my child in place painted white and smell horrible with terrific food, it unhealthy!" She pushed past me with her hands on my chest.

I sighed turning to move when I spotted Leonard starring at me with all curiosity, what is wrong with everyone in this house?

"Hey man!" He greeted suggesting me with his middle finger to follow me. I sighed I am too old to be greeted in such way.

I followed him up to his chamber, which was covered in darkness, and the only source of light was coming from the little space in which the curtain was not covering.

"Dark?" He asked

"Yeah." I struggled to keep my cool; I was scared of this kid.

"Well do not be, keep your shit together" he voice out with a smirk, I could tell he was mocking my situation.

"I didn't call you hear to mock you Jerrod, I called you here to tell you one thing" he locked eyes with me holding no emotions whatsoever.

"And what will that be?" I asked calmly like a five year old.

"I forgive you" he started and walk passes me heading towards the door.

"Are you serious?" I blinked in shock.

"We're not friends but we could seat at the same table and dine together" he walked out leaving me alone.

Tears found their way to my cheek; I do not deserve it, why would he forgive me?

I was more alive but dead inside.

Is not this what I wanted?Is not this what I crave for?

I was dead inside, he killed me inside. I fell on my kneel whipping, my mind scattered, my thoughts invaded, I was lost.

"I didn't want him to forgive me."

"But he did" I heard storm whispered voice.

"...but I did not want him to, I don't deserve it and you know that" I whispered more to myself but I know he heard.

"Look man, you hurt him and he forgiving you was the biggest challenge in his life and he defeated it..." It was Damien, I cut him off.

"But, he is so cold" I noticed.

"Do you know your damn problem, is that you haven't forgiven yourself for what you did to those kids including your mate, the day you do is the day you going to be free from your past" Damian stated angrily, brushing past me and he was out of the room.

"He's right" came storm voice

"You think," I cried.

"You will be fine brother, we are here for you" storm left as well.