chapter 25

Arica pov...

I could not tell what was going on, I have been in Beacon Hill for a while with no father, and no mother, my mom kicked the bucket before we could get help, and I was left alone, she always talks good about my father but I never knew him or did I?

I don't know, I had blur images of him, I guess I was too little to remember, I have been held captive with Jerrod for a while still am but he sent me here to lure Leonard back to him but Leonard was too smart to know. He knew while I was here but kept it to himself.

I actually admire him back then when we were kids, Jerrod was an evil bastard who rapes him beyond measure, I stopped counting because I did not want to break my inner me.

It was a sight not to see, my mom and I were kept in the same room as him but he did not even glance at us not once, he was so lost in his thoughts, his broken thoughts, he was shattered. My mom wanted to help him but he sent her a glare and when she insisted he roar releasing the beast in him, it was terrible.

Anytime he does that he Breaks a thousand times, and his body will form different cracks as if his body were iced up.

It was a horrible sight, I did not want to look or think about him...The age gap between us was far too long... It is so to say that I have been with the bastard Jerrod since I could remember my name....

"Adriana" the strange man called that name again, that was not the name my mama called me. I was Arica Juliana... that was my full name.

So hearing this name was strange to my ears.

"It is your dad," he said excitedly.

I had no dad; I looked at him with a strange face, what he was on about. Harvey came close to me as he wrapped his arms around my waist while I rested my head on his shoulder.

Harvey was changing gradually, his slim-fitted body was a little muscular, and his jawless chin where sharp.

Everything about him was changing, his tiny voice was deeper now a little.

He was so close to Eros, I guess they always had this bond from childhood.

But Jerrod seem not to like that a family was happy, he killed my mom, broke Leonard beyond repair, took the soul of Harvey, made Eros a beast, turn me from a human to a beast, a mage. I was a beast... If only you see me in my inhuman form.

I sighed "Arica." Leonard spoke as his eyes and forms were back.

"I do not know this man" I said clenching my jaws..

"Well you don't have to know everyone in your life, listen to what he has to say," he said sternly

"No!" I shouted rushing out of the room, the room was so chill for me.

I had to escape but then I was held by my wrist and pushed back into a hard wall

I looked up to see Harvey engulfing me, I smiled unto his embrace.

"He is not my father, he died a long time ago," I said but that was not the story my mother told me.

"Hush, listen to him. What bad can that do to you, I'll by your side each step of the way" he assured me calmly.

"I like the old you" I teased, the old him was naive, so calm and collected but un- assured of what he wanted, the new him was definitely assured of what he wanted and that was me, his brother and his soul..

"Ouch, I am hurt..." He took my palms in his bigger once and planted them on his chest "Right here" he finished his statement -making me frown.

"I am sorry," I pouted; honestly, I knew I was bad at jokes...