The First "I Love You"

Jacob: The two of you had been together for a year. He had been on patrol for a day and was exhausted and all he wanted was to lay down with you and relax, preferably sleep. You best believe that once his shift was over, he was over at your door in a heartbeat. You let him in with a big smile on your face. You asked him how it went as you lead him to your room. You had already set him up a few extra pillows on your bed and a few snacks on the nightstand. "It was good, no trouble or anything. But if was so damn tiring. I'm exhausted. Never again will I let Sam talk me into that," he replied as you climbed into bed together. You let out a laugh as he courted up to you, slinging his arm across your middle. You shifted to where you could run your fingers through his hair, he let out a satisfied hum. "I'm glad there wasn't any trouble. Maybe you'll get to rest some this weekend, get a break," he laughed sarcastically. "Mm, yeah. That'll happen the day he'll freezes over," you continued playing with his hair. His breathing grew more slow and relaxed.
"I love you," he muttered sleepily after a few moments of silence. You felt your heart skip a beat, and he noticed it. You hadn't been expecting that.
"I love you too."

Seth: You had been together for about five months. You were outside kicking a soccer ball back and forth waiting on Sue to call you in for dinner. At some point he had suggested trying to steal the ball away from each other. You had just gotten the ball away from him when he wrapped his arms around your waist, lifted you and spun you around. He was laughing and you were getting dizzy. When he set you down, he kept his hands on your arms to keep you steady. You gripped onto his shirt to keep from stumbling around, you started laughing. He stared at you, a dazed look on his face. Once your vision was normal again you asked, "Why're you looking at me like that?" His heart was swelling and he felt so overwhelmed. "I just love you, so much," before you could even say it back, he was kissing you. It lasted for a good minute and you both ended up smiling into the kiss. "I love you," you finally said. He grinned as you said it. "Promise?" he asked, raising his pinky. "Promise," you hooked your pinkies together just in time to hear Sue calling you both inside.

Embry: The two of you were going to prom together and you were at Emily's getting ready. You were about done, the only thing left to do was your hair. You were trying to be simple with your hair, Emily was helping you with the back. You were sitting at the table waiting on her to finish and for Embry to get there. Emily gently patted your shoulders and said, "All done!" You grinned and stood up.
"How do I look?" You asked, turning to face her.
"Beautiful," Embry said from behind her, dressed in a suit. He looked amazing. "Embry!" he laughed and opened his arms to you, and you ran to them.
"Ready to go?" he asked, before Emily shouted that she wanted pictures first. Tons of photos were taken, you guys almost thought you would arrive late. You didn't though. You spent all night dancing around and talking with your friends, until the slow song came on. "Dance with me?" Embry asked. "Always," he told your hand and pulled you to him. You were swaying back and forth. "Embry?" you were pressed to his chest, your face warm. "Hmm?" You were ready. This was it. "I love you," all of a sudden he stopped moving. "You love me?" he questioned.
"Of course, with every bit of me." Embry felt as if he couldn't breathe. He had loved you from the start. He had loved you before he even knew you. He'd spent what felt like forever waiting for you.
"I love you more."

Quil: Your relationship was pretty goofy, very playful. People loved to be around when you two were together. There was only one moment that anyone can remember when everything was serious for the two of you. You and a friend had been hanging out outside of town, your friend was driving you home when a car, running a red light and going past the speed limit, slammed into the car. You and your friend ended up in the hospital. The car had slammed into the passenger side, where you were sitting. When Quil got the news, he was on the way there in a heartbeat. His heart had shattered. He had never felt fear so sting and so overwhelming before. Your friend had a broken arm and got a good bit of gashes on her face, she had a concussion too. You were covered in cuts and punctures from the glass and you had a few broken ribs, a broken arm, and a severe concussion. You hadn't woken up yet. He couldn't breathe when he saw you in the hospital bed. He had to steady himself against the wall for a minute. He wasn't allowed to see you yet. He broke down in the waiting room. The pack was there, along with his mother and your parents. Once you were cleared for visitors, he made sure your parents got to see you first. When they told him he could go in, he ran, nearly knocking over a nurse in the process. He closed the door and sat in the chair next to your bed. He was shaking. You hadn't said anything, your eyes hadn't even opened yet. Even though he didn't know if you could hear him yet, he told you about how scared he was, how he needed you to come back to him. "I can't lose you. You mean more to me than anything, anyone else. Please don't leave me, I love you," he grasped your hand gently in his. He could hear your heart beating, at least. He let out a shaky breath at how slowly it was beating. Please don't take her away, he begged to the universe, to anyone or anything that would listen. He went to rest his head on the side of the hospital bed when he heard a quiet, raspy, "I love you too...can't get-" you winced at all the pain all over your body, inside and out. "get rid of me that easy," you finished. Quil let out a laugh and then he cried. Silently thanking whoever it was that listened, he placed a featherlight kiss to your lips. Everything was going to be all right.