Chapter 3

Y/N sat at the table staring at her cup of tea.

It was 2am. This was around the time she would get up and just try to wipe her mind.

The nightmares were easing up lately.

Therapy seemed to be working well.

But, she still had those nights where she woke up screaming and crying.

She felt so alone.

Which was nothing new.

Most her life Y/N had always fended for herself, she always had to be her own friend and parent, and yet she felt so alone now more than ever.

She listened to David Bowie,tears falling down.

More than anything, Y/N just wanted to feel normal, to be able to just forget, or at least have someone to always comfort her when she woke up.

But life isn't always that way.

And the morning slowly trudged on as Y/N remained awake.

By the time she drove to her school, she walked to the library looking for Nick.

She had put some makeup on but the bags still showed.

Spotting her sleepy looking friend, she sat next to him, and handed him a granola bar.

"Eat up".

Nick stared at the granola bar blankly.

Smiling, she shrugged off her bag and relaxed in her chair.

Nick noticed the bags and pinched her left cheek.

"Ow! Nick!"

"Still having trouble sleeping huh? You want me to spend the night?"

Y/N whacked him on the head lightly.

"Yes Nick as if that doesn't seem like we're lovers".

Nick grinned deviously at her.

"I'm pretty good in bed. My ex can attest to that". He bragged tossing his head.

Rolling her eyes, she pulled out her laptop and started it up.

"Come on. Let's get this report for Psychology ready".

As they both worked on their reports, a familiar figure stood nearby a bookshelf watching them.

He wore a black jacket and sunglasses.

Slipping off the sunglasses, he took his phone and took a picture, smiling at the picture.

It was a zoom in on Y/N. Her eyes looking kind but exhausted.

His poor Y/N looked like she hadn't had a good nights sleep in ages.

He gave a light kiss to the phone screen.

"Kira. Come on". Came a voice and a handsome blonde man grabbed his arm.

Giving one last longing look to his beloved, Kira followed his friend, his heart nearly bursting.

"So many pretty girls on campus. Did you see the black haired one? Eve I think?"

"Edric. Pay attention. Remember to talk to Y/N tomorrow".

Edric squinted as they walked outside, the sunlight nearly blinding him.

"Yeah yeah. Don't worry. I got you man".

With empty smiles on their faces, they both walked off to the nearest parking lot, both in their own private dark thoughts.

And as they walked away a beautiful blonde boy watched looking very angry.

"God. Fucking Kira again. He always ruins everything. I better make my today then". He muttered to himself as a slight breeze ruffled his white shirt.

A passing girl stared at him in amazement.

He smiled at her and her cheeks reddened.

With a bounce in his step, he walked off, ready for it all to start.