Chapter 13

As she drove Ezra to his house, Y/N could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

Ezra was doubled over in pain and refusing to see a doctor or go to the hospital.

Nick drove behind her looking annoyed.

As they pulled up to a gated community, Y/N was surprised to see that Ezra lived in a rather rich area.

Maybe his parents home?

Ezra stuck his head out to type in a code and they drove in.

Pulling up to a White House, Ezra led them into to a semi large home, scrubbed clean and nearly glistening.

As they walked through the home and Ezra dashed to the bathroom, Nick leaned over to Y/N.

"Hey. Doesn't this all feel really weird? This house is really.. clean. Like obviously. I mean I don't even see one speck of dust".

Y/N frowned as they sat on a couch in the living room. It had fucking plastic covers.

Nick sat down gingerly.

"Plastic covers? Ok it's confirmed he's a freak". Nick muttered moving uncomfortably.

Ezra walked in not too long after, looking much better and much brighter, he was holding a tray with 3 glasses.

"Thanks a lot guys! I poured us some lemonade I had. Thought you might want a drink".

He set the tray down on a glass table. Y/N and Nick exchanged looks.

"I'm glad to see you're better. Uh we should probably head home.." Y/N said feeling strangely nervous.

"Aww dont head out yet! I have cookies too! And brownies. I bake sometimes". Ezra beamed and bounced out of the living room.

Nick turned to his friend.

"Who the fuck is dying from a bad stomach and recovers within like 5 mins of getting home? A serial killer I'm telling you. I bet he drugged these drinks". He said peering at the glasses.

Ezra came back with a large plate of cookies and brownies. As well as some unopened cans of coke.

"Here you guys are. Sorry I figured you guys might've not wanted the lemonade after all. So is coke ok?"

He handed the cans to Nick and Y/N.

Nick seemed relieved that it was a closed can and opened it, gulping down the cold drink, as Y/N gingerly opened and sipped hers.

She was ready to refuse the treats but figured one little brownie wouldn't hurt.

She took a bite out of one. It tasted pretty good.

"Anyways guys. I'm really glad we're all friends. I've been kind of lonely since my parents are gone a lot of the time". Ezra said sitting on a nearby comfy chair.

"Uh what do they do?" Y/N said wanting to check her phone for the time.

"Oh my moms a lawyer and my dads a translator. Translates for some powerful people. I think they're in Spain right now. Since they've gotten older they just wanted to travel". Ezra said popping a cookie in his mouth.

Next to her, Nick shifted feeling strange, he felt like he really suddenly needed to go to the bathroom.

"Where's your bathroom?" He asked panting a bit as Y/N glanced at him in concern.

"Down the hall to the left. You ok?"

But Nick couldn't even answer as he ran right out of the room.

"Weird. Maybe he ate something bad too". Ezra shrugged then leaned closer to Y/N.

She drank some more of her coke nervously.

"You know.. Nick and I really should head out after he's done in the bathroom". She said slowly setting the can down.

Ezra smiled and leaned over to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

She immediately swatted his hand away. Then stood up in panic.

"Ezra. You cannot touch me like this. I should've said this earlier but we can't be friends! I mean you're just-"

She was cut off by a heavy feeling of wooziness.

Y/N found herself sinking back onto the couch as she felt more and more exhausted.

Ezra watched his blue eyes twinkling.

"It's a good thing I always have other preparations. Just in case of course". He beamed as she felt everything starten to get darker and darker.

As Ezra watched her pass out, he stood up and took the phone out of her pocket, seeing all the missed calls and texts.

"You won't be needing this Y/N".