Chapter 15

It was a solemn night spent in the hospital. Michael stayed there, while also heading back to speak to police, and trying to avoid the news reporters.

Y/N eventually woke up but she was confused. And not really wanting to speak to anyone.

Even though detectives and her friends kept hounding her, she didn't really budge, her mind only on Nick.

He was in a bad state. Ezra had stabbed him in a crucial area in his stomach. And for some reason Nick had lapsed into a coma.

Jax and Nicks parents refused to leave to his side.

A few days after the attack, Y/N was finally allowed home and she let Michael drive her home, both of them silent in the car.

"You're keeping something from me".

She finally spoke breaking the silence.

Michael sighed and stopped at a red light.

"Might as well tell you now. Ezra was attacked at the hospital. Funny isn't it? He didn't die from his wrists but almost died from an attack".

Y/N stared on ahead her mind reeling.

"Was it Kira?" She whispered causing Michael to glance at her in surprise.

"Why would you think it was Kira?"

"Because he's at college pretending to be someone else".

She said this so calmly that Michael nearly swerved his car.

"Wait! What! How-How? And why didn't you tell me?"

Y/N smiled at his shocked expression and nodded towards the front of the car.

"You're driving erratically".

"You bet I am! What the. Y/N why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I'm not an idiot Michael. I've been waiting for Kira to come out. I knew he would eventually break free and come after me. You know I wanted him to find me".

Michael gripped the steering wheel in frustration.

"Why?!"

"Because then maybe I could confront him just like how I should have two years ago. With him being in a grave". Her voice was cold and emotionless as Michael parked outside of her apartment building.

"Thanks for the ride. I'll text you later. And Michael there's no point in lecturing me. There's a lot about me that's changed". She said with a small laugh as she got out and walked off.

As Michael watched her go, he was dumbfounded, and then a shocking thought occurred.

Had Y/N planned everything? She hadn't right? It was just a coincidence that Ezra had done all this? Well not necessarily a coincidence... but something didn't seem right.

As Michael drove away, he was confused and upset, trying to figure out what to do. And trying to figure out what was going on.

Ezras actions had been blamed for his mental issues. That certaintly seemed the case but.. what was unnerving was how Y/N had been acting. The doctor had said she was in shock.

But Michael knew it wasn't that. She had seemed thoughtful throughout anything. And as the sun was setting during his drive, his heart sank.

Y/N was hiding a lot herself. And he was afraid that he know no longer knew who she was. If she had planned everything, then perhaps she knew what was going on.

Because just as Michael was suspecting it, something larger was to play here, something more sinister.

And it was more than just a mental breakdown from a boy.

As he drove off, Y/N entered her apartment, flipping on the light switch and blinking when she was the figure sitting at her small kitchen table.

"I was figuring out when you would eventually come here. Eve..or no should I call you Violet?"

The figure looked up at her. Her black hair messy and her eyes particularly dark and gloomy.

"I knew you weren't completely stupid Y/N. Nice to see you again".