The Past

A little girl sat on the grass. The wind blowing her little curls gently. She picked the grass glumly as she stared over at a group of children.

A pretty pink haired girl stood there giggling. The little boys surrounding her were shoving flowers in her face.

Y/N knew that things were weird. Even though she was just 7, she noticed how odd things were in her life, something that baffled the child.

It didn't make sense that little boys were always running after her friend Violet. And it didn't make sense that those same boys were so mean to Y/N.

Not to mention, Y/N's mother was so mean to her, causing the girl to stare down at her lap.

7 is a precious age for any child, but for little Y/N it was just another year, another miserable year for her.

Her cheek still hurt from the slap her mother had laid on her the other day.

Y/N sniffed, still plucking the grass, and wishing she didn't feel so alone.

Suddenly a shadow fell over and she looked up to see a curious little boy staring at her.

He was quite good looking , well for a child, and he smiled at her.

Handing her a small little rose, she hesitantly took it, smiling back at him.

"Thank you".

She spoke quietly and he nodded his cheeks turning red.

He looked like he wanted to say something but then seemed to think better of it.

With a spin he ran off. Nearly pushing into the small crowd of child. Nearly tripping over a black haired child laying down on the grass. She sat up scowling as he ran off.

Y/N felt confused but looked at the Rose with a smile.

What a weird kid.

But he was very nice. She liked pretty flowers.

Smelling it, she and the other children weren't unaware just how connected they all were, every single one of them tied by an almost broken string.