Past

Long before Y/N or any of the other characters were born.

There lived two sisters in a small house.

One of them was an ugly witch, the other a beautiful normal girl.

The ugly witch was a kind hearted girl, but due to her appearance, she was shunned by her town.

The only person who seemed to be on her side was her sister.

Her kind sister who held her hands at night, and promised her that would one day, everyone would come to love her.

Beliveing her words, the ugly witch laid at night, escaping into her fantasies, a place where everyone liked her.

One day, a handsome knight came into the town, his golden hair and blue eyes attracted many.

He was gallant and brave. With a kind heart and a wonderful smile, the peeking ugly witch fell hard for him, wishing she too could bask in his smile but just for herself.

Unfortunately for her, the knight met her sister, and fell for the beautiful sister instead.

He was so taken by her beauty and soft nature, that he begged for her to come with him, to come and marry him in his country.

But she refused, stating her sister needed her, no matter how much her own heart ached for the knight.

She fled to where the sisters lived, not realizing that by this point the knight wanted nothing but to be by her side. Even if it meant spending the rest of his days in this unknown town.

One night, he found where the sisters lived and snuck in, and woke up the beautiful sister.

Embracing her, he took her outside, underneath the cherry blossom tree, where they made love and lay in one another's arms.

But as the sun rose, he was greeted with not the beautiful sister but the ugly witch, for she had changed her appearance to the likeliness of her sisters.

Outraged and horrified, he shoved her away, running back into the town, disgusted with himself for ever having touched her.

The ugly witch wept, she was angry and confused, and jealous. So horribly jealous.

So she lit the house that her sister was still sleeping in. Burning it down, and burning her poor sister with it.

Then, she went to the town square, where the handsome knight was getting ready to leave.

With a long knife in her hand and a vicious smile on her ugly face.

She cried, "My love! My everything! Watch as I die! Repent for the disgust you feel and remember. Let it be a curse to you and to everyone. May all of you become ugly inside and make your own selves suffer. Forever".

And with that, she slit her throat, falling to the ground. As the horrified knight, and townspeople watched.

That night did trigger a curse. An unknown curse that drove people mad.

Not too long after, the entire town turned on one another, killing and fighting one another until nobody was left.

And the knight? He survived. He even remarried, and had children of his own, but in the end he grew crazy.

Jumping off a bridge, as the curse was passed on.

Passed on to his kin, and to anybody who was left alive to bask in its dark glory.