St. Mungos

Hermione

Blood. I was covered in blood. Charlie's blood. He saved me. He took a curse for me. I had to send the Weasley's and Harry a letter. I summoned a quill and some parchment.

Dear Weasley family,

Please come to St. Mungos as soon as you get this. Charlie is here. I will fill you in when you get here. Please inform Harry and Ginny.

Hermione

I sat in the waiting room. Everyone gave me strange looks but I didn't care, all I cared about was Charlie. He had put his life on the line for me by taking that curse. He could be dying and all I can do is sit here and do nothing. He has so much family and he runs and dragon reserve. He has so much going for him. Me? I have no family, no boyfriend, it wouldn't have mattered if I took that curse. This is all my fault. Tear swam down my face in rivers.

"Hermione? What happened?" It was Ginny and Harry. I got up from my chair and started to cry harder.

"Oh, Ginny, it was all my fault! Ron was in the apartment and we started fighting and Ron pulled out his wand, and I had a few drinks so my reaction time wasn't as good, and he fired 'sectumsempra' at me and Charlie jumped in front of me! Its all my fault! If I had of just told Charlie to go upstairs or told Ron to get out or if I hadn't have been drinking this would have never happened, I'm so so sorry Ginny!"

"Hermione, its okay! Its not your fault, its Ron's. He knows better than to curse someone."

The rest of the Weasley family piled in after that. Ginny explained what happened to Charlie. It had been an hour since I brought him here and no one was telling us anything. I was getting sick of it. I needed to see him. I got up and started to pace the hallway. A healer came to us.

"Weasley family?" Everyone stood up. "Charlie will be fine. He is awake right now. He is still a little bit fresh though."

Everyone smiled in relief, he was going to be okay. 

"Can we see him?" Molly asked the healer.

"Yes, right this way." I started to follow them but Molly stopped me. 

"I think its best if you don't come with us. Thank you." She started to turn away.

"Wait! Moll-"

"Its Mrs. Weasley." Those words sent knives through my heart. Molly turned away and followed her family into Charlie's room. My tears resurfaced and I turned to the floo, quickly grabbing the green powder and going to Charlie and I's shared apartment. I sank to the floor and wept. Charlie's blood still on the floor where he was hit with the curse. Ron was gone, thank Merlin. 

Something else snagged my heart though. I officially had no one who loved me anymore, I had lost my only family today. I doubt that Charlie wants me living here either, so I may as well start packing.

I magically packed everything of mine and even stole a shirt of Charlie's, it had grown to be my favorite of his over the past few days. I cleaned his blood off the floor and left him a note. 

Charlie,

I am sincerely sorry for everything. I wish you never jumped in front of me when Ron sent that curse towards me. Your mother, rightfully so might I add, said not to come and visit you. With all my heart I wish that I could. I wish you the best in your recovery and I understand if you never want to see me again. 

I want to thank you for everything you have done for me, even though I'm kind of a stranger. You got me a home and a job. Please give everyone on the reserve my best regards. I will miss them so much. I never thought that I would have to leave so soon. 

When you jumped in front of me, I thought that you would die, but I have still lost you, forever. I know that you and your family will never forgive me for this, but I want to say that I am TRULY sorry. I truly am Charlie. I never meant for this to happen. It should have been me.

Love, Hermione

I left the note on his kitchen island, took one last look at the apartment and apparated away.

A/N

I'm sorry! I made Molly mean! Thanks for reading!