Searching For A Bookworm

Hermione

It was cold and dark, not exactly my type of night. I was only in jeans and a tank top. Not your ideal outfit for a night out in the woods, at least I hoped that it was only one night. The fire I had started did little to keep me warm. I stared into the flames, missing Charlie and everyone back home. I hope someone found me soon, I couldn't go very far because of my leg. 

I sat in the dark, alone, cold and afraid, the fire only lit up so much area around me. I knew I didn't have too much of a choice until morning came. I would better inspect my leg in the morning, that is if I make it through the cold of the night.

Charlie

It had been five days. Five days. That meant that Hermione had been missing for five cold nights. I had searched the area that she went missing a a dozen times. She wasn't there. It is now the morning of the fifth day. We had a search and rescue crew and some of our guys from the reserve searching for her as well.

It was just past dawn and we were heading out to the river that was near the "crash" site. If I knew Hermione well, she would go to the river and find shelter. I flew to the mouth of the river and started to trek down the shore looking for any sign of her. The weather the past few days had been cruel.

A few miles down the river, I found a broken wand. She must have carried it here and then dumped it when she found it broken. Then, a few minutes later I found dried blood on a leaf. My heart sunk to my stomach. She was bleeding. Hermione was bleeding. I hurried my steps and found a muddy section of the bank, footprints showed in the brown, thick mud. She was headed to the reserve. I followed her footprints but the mud turned back to dirt and there were no more prints. 

I kept walking along the bank but failed to find her. I was almost dark now, I have traveled six miles today. The river headed to the reserve, so I knew that Hermione was following it to get to the reserve, she was definitely a bookworm. My Bookworm.

The sun would set soon. I knew that it was almost time to head back to the reserve, but just as I was about to mount my broom, I saw her hand poking out from around the corner.

Hermione

It had been four days since Abby knocked me off my broom. The weather wasn't in my favor either. I was rainy and cold. I have had a few berries and was able to stay hydrated with the river running along beside me. I couldn't feel my toes or my fingers. The cold was going through my body and it was going to be another cold night. I kept limping along the river bank. The pain in my leg was sharp. I'm guessing it was a bad sprain. I knew a few of my ribs were broken and I had various cuts and bruises, but I had a big gash on my forehead. It gave me dizzy spells and I knew it was a concussion. 

The sun was setting, but I decided to keep going. I had to stay in that overhang for two days because I couldn't walk. On the third day, I was finally able to walk, but the limp slowed me down. I have probably only gone about six miles. 

By the time the sun sets in Romania, it is about eleven o'clock. The sun was just peaking over the horizon and still making it's way down. I kept going. I had to get back to the reserve. I had to get back to charlie.

Around two in the morning, I was still slowly making my way through the forest, but my limbs were growing heavy and my eyelids were drooping. I was getting another dizzy spell and the cold didn't help. I knew that I had to stay awake but I couldn't anymore. Blackness consumed my vision and I hit the ground, hard.

Charlie

Hermione! I ran to her and fell to my knees beside her. She had a large gash on her head and multiple cuts and bruises. Her clothes were ripped and her lips were blue. When I touched her cheek, I quickly pulled away. She was freezing cold. 

I shed my jacket and put it on her, then I summoned a blanket and wrapped her in it. I apperated to St. Mungos and called for help. Medi-witches and healers swarmed me and took her from my arms and placed her on a bed. She was taken away and I paced in the waiting room, just hoping that she would be okay.