A Long Talk

Previously

I start to pack my things with my wand upstairs when I hear a knock at the door. Weird, I wasn't expecting anyone. I walk down the stairs and to my front door. A small gasp escaped my lips.

"Charlie?"

Hermione

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" He stood on my front porch, eyes wide; almost as if he was surprised that I would be here, let alone answer the door. He stepped towards me and I stepped back.

"Hermione, please, don't walk away from me." I know that I was just about to go and see him, but when he showed up here, I realized just how scared that I was. I stepped back once more, not honoring his wishes. His face twisted with pain and he stood still. "Hermione." 

He whispered almost as if he didn't trust his voice. He tried to take a small step towards me and when I didn't step back from him, he crossed the few feet between us and enveloped me into a hug, his nose buried itself inside the crook of my neck and his arms tightly around my waist. I stood still for a moment and then eventually I hugged him back, burying my face into his chest. He smelled of pine and freshly mown grass. I felt my eyes water and I begged myself not to cry, but my eyes disobeyed me and the tears fell anyways. 

"Hermione, I'm so sorry about my mother, I can't believe she would say that to you. I wanted you there." He said in a hoarse voice. "I'm so sorry."

"Charlie, I don't know why your sorry, your mother had every right to say that to me."

"No she didn't, I jumped in front of you. I made that decision. I just wish you would have come to see me."

"I don't know why you did that, and I am going to spend the rest of my life wondering why. Your mother said that I couldn't come to see you, and I respected her wishes." He pulled out my note that I left him the night that I left his apartment. My eyes widened in surprise. He kept it?

"I kept this, because it had your hand writing, you have the nicest chocolate brown eyes and the most beautiful busy hair. I spent two months looking for your eyes and your hair and now that I have finally found it, I am so so relieved. Hermione, I love your eyes, your hand writing, you busy hair. I can't stop thinking about you, I can't focus on anything. I'm in love with you Hermione."

I looked at him for sincerity, his eyes were filled with love and adoration. I brought up my hand and slid it behind his neck, pulling his head down and bringing his lips to mine. The kiss was filled with innocence and longing. When I pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine smiling bright.

"Hermione, come back with me to Romania." I nodded and summoned my things from upstairs.

We left the house and Charlie apparated us back to his apartment. 

It was kind of ironic, Charlie was asking me to come back to Romania with him, but this time, I didn't think twice.