十 六

CHAPTER 16

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘮' 𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘣𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵

𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘣𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵

•———•

The team was currently practicing in their gym. Yuji was tossing for Hinata while Kageyama tossed for Asahi since they both had to practice their teamwork. Suga along with Tanaka and Nishinoya were sitting near the stage flipping through the weekly volleyball magazine Tanaka had just bought. "Woah that's amazing! The picture is so big!" Noya exclaimed.

"What is it?" Asahi asked as he approached them. He bent down to see what all the commotion was about. "Wo-Woah!" Hinata, Kageyama, and Yuji stopped their practice and also approached the group. "What is it? What's happening?" Hinata asked. Tanaka gave him the magazine which had Ushijima's picture in a whole page with a header that said "High School Boy's Volleyball, Top Three Players"

"One of the top three best players is Shiratorizawa's Ushijima." explained Tanaka. "Shiratorizawa? They rejected Kageyama right?" Kageyema popped up behind Hinata and yelled at him. "SHUT UP!"

"Oohh! Its Toshi-chan!" Yuji said excitedly as he snatched the magazine and flipped through it to look more pictures of his new friend. "Toshi-chan? How do you know him? He wasn't in your team, he's in the under-19 team." Suga said with a confused face. "He approached me in the bus stop, he's hot." he simply said. "Thot." Daichi commented, to which Yuji looked at him with an offended face then calmed down once he acknowledged that it was true. Being a thot isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle. Daichi looked back at the magazine, "He has the word 'ace' written all over him."

He paused then looked at Asahi with a disappointed face. "He-hey! don't look at me!"

The second-year duo were flipping through the magazine when something caught their eye. Yuji had a whole spread dedicated to him. "Matsumoto Yuji, representative of Japan's National Team, now in a High School Team" they read. The others' heads snapped into their direction, even Yuji himself. He didn't know about this as all. 'Must've gotten dad's permission' he thought.

"Woah! A whole spread? for this dork?" Suga laughed along with Daichi. Yuji looked at them, insulted. "I'm not a dork! I'm perfectly normal."

The whole team sweatdropped at this. "Woah, you look hot in this picture, and this one, and this." Tanaka pointed to all the pictures. "I know right." he said proudly. Tsukishma gagged continuously behind him and earned a glare from the male. 

"Matsumoto Yuji, a first year student of Karasuno High School, is now a part of their volleyball team. Are they finally going to the nationals with the help of one of the best players in the country?" Nishinoya read loudly. "Hah! They're saying we're weak without him? I'll show them!" Tanaka stood up and approached Yuji with his sleeves folded up and showed his muscles. Once he was near Yuji, the latter brightly smiled at him. "I-I'm blinded! I can't do it, Noya!"

•after practice•

Yuji went to Ukai's store after practice. He wanted to give their coach an idea for attacks. He encountered Nekoma's back attacks and wanted to give Ukai the idea to use it. "Coach!" Yuji called as he entered the shop. Ukai appeared infront of him carrying a box of mirin. He discussed his idea and Ukai thought about it deeply. An old woman entered the shop and spoke sweetly.

"Keishin-chan, give me some mirin." Yuji looked to his coach to see him still thinking. The woman repeated her words and Yuji was about to butt in when Ukai suddenly heard her and dropped the box. "AHH!" "COACH!"

Shortly after the incident, Yuji bid his coach goodbye and made his way back home.

•next day•

Today was the day for the pep rally. The team were currently lined up on the stage with Yuji between Kageyama and Hinata. Before Daichi could begin his speech, Yuji's fangirls started screaming. The teachers were trying to stop them but their screaming basically cancelled every sound out there.

"AHH YUJI CAN I SUCK YOUR TIDDIES"
"I HAVE AN ALTAR OF YOU AT HOME"
"I'LL PAY FOR YOU TO CHOKE ME"

He face-palmed when he heard the screams of the evil specimen known as females. Minutes later, they finally silenced and Daichi begun his speech. He had to stand still since any action he would do would result into cheers. He flipped his hair before and the crowd erupted into screams.

Once the pep rally was over, Ennoshita, Tanaka, and Yuji went up to the club room to change for their practice.

"The tournament's close." said Tanaka as he made a serious face. Ennoshita hummed in respose while Yuji stood beside Tanaka once he was done changing, contrasting to Tanaka who was still in his boxers. "There's normally this sense of anticipation right?" Tanaka asked. Ennoshita reluctantly nodded in agreement. "Then a pretty girl will come to you." Tanaka said.

Yuji batted his eyelashes and put his hands behind his back, swaying his body as he spoke in a girly voice.

"It's the tournament tomorrow."
"That's right."
"You've been training hard."
"I've not given you my full attention."
"Oh no! It's okay. I don't mind! I'm happy to see you playing so well."

"Honey.." Tanaka teared up looking at Yuji. Yuji grabbed a peace of paper from his pocket and batted his eyelashes. Ennoshita swore that he saw the said male with make-up on. "Ryu-kun. Do your best tomorrow." "A good luck charm?"

Ennoshita deadpanned at the two. "I'm leaving." he quickly grabbed his bag and left the two idiots. They headed to the gym once Tanaka was done changing and practiced for a bit. Takeda called everyone and they saw a banner tied to the railings, along with Kiyoko. "Kiyoko-san and I found it in the storage, so she took it home and washed it." Takeda explained.

"Wait, that's not all." Daichi said. "Do.." she paused. "Do..?"

"Do your best."
"..."

The second and third years had tears trailing down their faces while Kiyoko had a blush on her face. "They're speechless." Tsukishima commented as he looked at them. "Shimizu-chan! You did great!" Yuji cheered as Kiyoko blushed even more and ran away.

"Let's do our best!"
"YEAH!"

•———•