CH. 6

Third Person Point of View

A man in his sixties walked through the door, making a beeline for Kylie. Axe let his eyes roam over his niece before capturing her in a bone crushing hug. Kylie let out a giggle at her uncle's behavior. Axe was one of her favorite humans growing up. He always had a story of his youth to cheer her up, an experience to share or great advice to give.

"I heard my princess finally returned! Wow, don't you look beautiful? Just like your mother!" Axe complimented her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

His hand fluttered over the damage Deadshot and his crew had afflicted on her earlier today. A frown settled on his wrinkled skin as he gazed over the crowd. The sight of Dominic and Alex passed out on the ground made him conclude they were responsible.

"Who dare lay a hand on my princess?" Axe yelled at the crowd, mostly directed at Robert.

"Did you let these idiots get near my baby?" Axe waved his hands in the knocked-out boy's direction.

Kylie and Gio burst out laughing as they both bent over. Axe, confused at their behavior directed his questioning eyes at his brother Robert. Kylie tried to calm down as she realized her uncle's growing rage.

"Calm down Axe. Those douches on the floor thought that could gang up on me to win. I guess they were wrong! As for the dazzling bruises on my face, Deadshot and his magnificent right hook is responsible!" Kylie amusedly explained.

Axe looked over at his once quiet niece with shock clearly written on his face.

"You mean to tell me that you knocked out the both of them coming at you?" Axe mockingly asked.

"Don't forget about me!" Gio snipped in. Kylie who was standing beside him slammed out her elbow, which hit him at the exact spot she hit earlier. Gio kneeled on the floor gasping for air.

"Dick! You know not to interrupt me. How many times must I teach you! Yes uncle, I took them out myself. I have no doubt that this entire room is wired and taped, so I guess one of the prospects can give you a sneak peek." Kylie winked at him as she talked.

"Holy shit princess! I missed your ass. Wher.. Wait! You said Deadshot did this to you?" Ax's voice raised as he finished.

"Yeah, I kind of egged him on. I guess you finally gave up on your combat secret skills. It was a damn good hit!" Kylie complimented as she smiled at Deadshot.

Axe burst out laughing.

"I taught you that move three days ago, and you desire to use it on the most famous assassin the Russians have created?" Axe said as he tried to contain his amusement.

The whole room went dead silent at his confession. Kylie froze and her perfectly sculpted eyebrows frowned. How the hell did Axe know what she had become?

"How the hell do you know that uncle?" Kylie quizzed.

"I know a few people you have bumped heads with over the years darling. I'm not as clueless as you might believe. The rumors went silent as Anatoly died though. I guess you were the reason for that little mishap?" Axe finished with a small nod in Alex's direction.

Kylie smirked at her uncle's revelation. He didn't know about the recent events of her life, even though she could see that he was clearly hiding something. 

Axe caught the analytical look on his nieces face and gave her a cheeky wink. He knew more than he was letting on, but he didn't want to expose her just yet. Kylie had a mission to finish and he knew that.