CH. 33

Kylie Jones

Time flew fast here in Italy. I was surrounded by drugs, booze and men around the clock and to be honest, I loved it.

This fast paced environment was feeding my bloodlust to the point of eruption, amping me up for my upcoming Irish killing spree. I had spent my days going through the plans with Gio and Luca before we celebrated our advancement.

During my short time here, I had managed to break four noses, two wrists and leave one nasty looking leg. It hadn't been unintentional though. I was gearing up for Gio's underground street fight tournament, which was taking place  tonight.

Me being my fabulous self was the reigning champions four years running of course. The fights had made me shitloads of cash, but it was a rather small incentive to join.

The biggest motivation was definitely satiate my displeased monster. I have no clue about how many I had managed to kill in this stained ring, but it was an impressive amount according to Gio.

Gio had refused his own men to participate, arguing that I would kill his entire crew. It was certainly possible, but I had some sort of loyalty to him and his men.

My name had gathered some serious heat on this fight night. Men and women from all over the world was coming to watch L'ombra preform, most of them from other mafias trying to either kill me or make me join them instead.

I had been on edge the entire day, jerking and trembling from the huge amount of adrenaline my monster produced. The men guarding my house had all been warned to stay away by Gio to limit the amount of damages I would be able to do if I fell of the edge.

Memories had been swirling around in my head since I opened my eyes this morning. Anatoly had me attend fights like this from the moment I could manage a punch. The times I had been beaten up by his men was endless.

It taught me one hell of a lesson though. Never underestimate you opponent, the smallest ones are usually the fastest, most lethal ones. Myself included.

The day went on slowly as I prepared myself for the adrenaline filled evening. Gio had insisted that he would be my escort for the evening, although he knew perfectly well that I could take care of myself.

Thinking about it, it was probably to ensure the safety of the ones around us.

We walked through the crowded arena together, my hand resting on his elbow. He escorted me through the packed crowd, guiding me to my personal room.

Wearing my silky hooded robe over my body and head, no one knew who I was just yet. It was a lifesaver to be honest. These crowds could be overwhelming to be fair. No one seemed to have any care about personal space, even though I could kill them in a blink of an eye.

I ran in to my room, hiding out from the peeping audience. Closing my eyes, I let my monster out on its own terms. We had came to some sort of agreement together over the weekend. Since the day we attacked together when Damon was injured, we had a better understanding of one another.

If I let her out willingly, she would let me keep slivers of control out of courtesy. With our permission though, she would tear through the walls I built like melted butter, creating havoc.

Letting the numb feeling overpower my senses, I felt myself straightening my shoulders, head held high, body filled with endless amount of adrenaline. It's go time baby!