CH. 31

Damon Miller

"We should move her before he wakes up"

A voice lured me out of the darkness I had nested in. Trying to find my bearings, I had a difficult time moving not to mention opening my eyes.

It was like I was trapped inside my own body, not able to function by myself. A radiating pain originated at the bottom of my neck, but it was easily manageable by the consistent flow of warmth emerging from my left side.

"Don't you idiots dare wake her up. The last time Alex tried to wake her up, she shot him"

Gio's voice was easily recognizable. He slurred on his r's most of the time. What was concerning me was the amount of uncertainty in his tone. He seemed genuinely scared about something.

My best guess was Kylie. I had seen the man arrive at the bar, not recognizing him at all. Unfortunately, I was way to late trying to apprehend him.

Walking myself through my own memories I felt my heart rate increase. I was damn sure the first knife would hit her. Positioning myself in front of her was a calculated risk. Myself being hurt was a million times better than Kylie bleeding.

I would jump in front of any danger again and again trying to protect her. She had always been there for us, it was damn well time for us to repay the favor. Myself more than anyone.

"I've never seen her so relaxed before"

Striker was here as well? I guess Kylie has made an impression on the guys here. Not that she had to try in the first place. She demanded it, and not being sexist or anything, it was hot as fuck.

"She's anemic you fucking idiot! Of course she seems relaxed. Q doesn't have any energy left moron"

What? Kylie had been hurt? That was the complete opposite of what I intended to happen. Sure, I hadn't thought the whole plan through, but I figured the club would have my back neutralizing the threat.

"Well, who the fuck let her give Damon her weights worth of blood?"

"Deadshot!"

A collective sound of voices strained my eardrums. Why the hell would Kylie feel the need to give me her blood. The club doctor was always on standby in case anything like this happened.

Slowly regaining some control of my body, I fluttered my eyes open. It was still dark outside, signaling me being unconscious for a couple of hours or at least a day.

Axe, Robert, Gio and Striker was standing in the doorway, loudly discussing our conditions. Gio caught my eyes, but stayed silent sending me an amused wink before directing his eyes over at the princess beside me.

Resting on my healthy shoulder was a knocked out Kylie. My arm was wrapped around her neck, tangled up in her hair holding her close to me. Even unconscious, I had the need of her body close to mine.

"Go back to sleep D. They won't stop arguing before it has been at least twenty minutes"

Her husky whisper close to my ear had shivers run down my spine. Snuggling closer to me, Kylie soundlessly tightened her hold on me like she needed me the same way I needed her.