CH. 26

Damon Miller

The previous day

The whole situation with Kylie and Charlie had me raging to a point I've never felt before. The disappointment in the statements made had my body trembling, trying to keep the anger at bay.

I had no doubt they had slept together. Charlie was definitely spelling it out for the whole town to hear.

The thought of them together was disturbing to say the least. We had been in a silent war with the Blazing Bandits ever since they magically appeared on the scene. Now that I think about it, Kylie probably had something to do with it.

After Kylie took off from the meeting she crashed, both MC's stood there staring at each other. Charlie on the other hand, was smiling like he just won the lottery. There had been no misconception of my feeling towards the woman of the hour, but looking at Charlie, I figured he was gathering some feelings of his own.

Robert was dumbfounded by the entire situation it seemed like, as he didn't move a muscle. The revelation of Kylie arriving in town while we all thought her to be dead was a hard pill to swallow.

"Seems like your little princess isn't as docile as you remember her to be. The flexibility on this one is definitely something to brag about, if I'm being honest" Charlie mocked.

That comment had Robert breaking out in a fit of rage. I had seen him like this a couple of times earlier on, usually when someone brought up Lydia or Kylie.

Robert threw himself at Charlie, punching rapidly at the already beaten man. The movement of the old Prez had the Blazing Bandits jaws hanging open. One look at Robert had probably made them believe that the man didn't carry any physical threat. They couldn't be further away from the truth.

Charlie fell to the ground once again, exhausted and bleeding. The supposed meet up we were planning to conduct flew out the window the moment the brown headed goddess decided to crash the party.

I got a hold of Roberts arm, which was threatening to throw another punch at the man on the ground.

"Robert, there is no use. Charlie can help us figure out what happened to Kylie all those years ago, in addition to where she has been the last five years"

My rational thinking was chipped to say the least, but even with my anger skimming directly under my skin could understand what an advantage this was. Charlie looked up at me with confusion swirling in his eyes.

I guess I had been the main motivator for this silent war to begin with and being the one to suggest a truce wasn't exactly normal for me. Sending Charlie a slight nod, I deliberately walked back to my Harley.

The cut around my upper body felt heavy as we made our way back to the clubhouse in our usual formation. Alcohol was desperately needed, a strong one at that.

I drank myself to oblivion that night, trying to dull the pain of Kylies actions. Knowing she had been in town earlier than presumed really stuck with me. I had been searching for her for years, hoping and praying that she would come back to me.

***

I was startled awake by continuous pounding on my door. The booming sound of knuckles hitting wood guided me quite roughly out of my preferred dream world, only consisting of a stark-naked Kylie bending over in front of me. Her body glistening from the delirious workout shared between our two naked bodies.

No matter how mad I was at her, I could never stay angry for long. The disappointment on the other hand was lingering deep down. The initial shock had worn off during my one on one date with Jack Daniels.