sometimes, the only thing to do, is to let go

A few days past and Winterfell was peaceful. Valyria had not eaten nor came out her room, she never saw her daughter of Rakharo's death because she was going be reminded of him.

Evie knocked in her room.

Evie : Valyria? I've bought you some food.

Valyria : I'm not hungry.

She says with a soft raspy voice. With a sigh, Evie gave up, she walked away and along the halls, she met Jon.

Jon : She still isn't eating?

With a sigh, she nods.

Jon : Here.

He says taking the tray.

Jon : I know my cousin, she'll come through, she always does.

Evie : Good luck.

Jon walk to Valyria's bedroom, knocking, became in putting the tray on the nightstand and he saw his cousin.

She was on her bed with her legs brought to her chest, her silver locks not in braids, free and looked like she hasn't even put a brush on them, her face was paler than her usual natural pale, her lips were pale pink, there was no smile on her lips, her cheeks wet from all the crying.

Jon came over, sitting next to his cousin. He didn't know what to say but when he opened his mouth.

Valyria : Don't. I don't want any speech.

Jon : Valyria, you have to eat.

Valyria : I'm trying to starve myself to death and you're making it difficult.

Jon : Well then, let me make it difficult...... Haven't you ever thought about Daenerys.

Valyria : Everytime I look at her, I see him.

Jon : But she's your daughter. What will happen to her when you are gone?

A tear pricked down her eyes.

Jon : Hey, hey, it's okay.

He says bringing her in a hug, her face buried on his chest.

Valyria : I'm tired, Jon. I'm tired of losing people close to me.

Jon : Shhh, it's alright. It's alright.

He wipes her tears.

Jon : I'm always going to be here for you, you still have a family, Valyria. My family is your family, your family is my family, remember that?

She sobs.

Valyria : I loved him.

Jon : I know you did. Listen to me......

He says making her face him, their eyes met.

Jon : I know it's not the best thing but sometimes, the only thing is to let go. I know it's hard but it saves us from depression. Let him go, Valyria, let his soul rest in peace in the Night Lands.

Valyria : But you said we should honor their memories

Jon : I did. And we should honor their memories, keep their memories in our hearts but we must learn to let them go otherwise, their souls would never.......

She cuts him off by covering his mouth, she removes her hand and sighs looking down.

Jon : I know it's hard for you, I know it's not easy but the truth is, the world has never been easy. It never has since the beginning and that's why we adapt but don't push us away because we're always here. Okay?

She looks down and Jon grabs her chin delicately making her face him.

Jon : Okay?

Valyria nods weakly and Jon kisses her forehead.

Jon : You have to eat to get your energy. No queen shouldn't rule on an empty stomach.

He says and she smiles weakly. He took the tray and gives her.

Valyria : Jon?

Jon : Aye?

Valyria : Thank you.

Jon : It's not a problem, I just wanted you to listen, that is all.

She smiled and he left her to eat.

Let go? I'll try.........but I won't forget you, Rakharo.